Sun, Sep 22, 11:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Import 3DS sequence as animation?

Salvor ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2008 at 3:02 AM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 5:11 AM

Is it possible with Vue to import a sequence of 3DS files as animation?

thanks

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2008 at 3:53 AM · edited Tue, 25 November 2008 at 3:54 AM

Attached Link: http://impworks.blogspot.com/2006/12/object-sequence-importer-version-024.html

> Quote - Is it possible with Vue to import a sequence of 3DS files as animation?

Yes, see the attached link for a script from impworks.

Obviously you'll need to be using an edition of Vue that has Python to be able to run it.

impish ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2008 at 4:46 AM

There is a better script than mine but I'm having one of those days - I can't remember who wrote it or where to find it - I do remember Forester uses it to import sequences from RealFlow. 

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

Salvor ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2008 at 8:58 AM

Thank you very much. I will begin with trying your script and if in the meantime someone can remember about the other one that will be good. :-)

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2008 at 1:31 PM

Attached Link: http://www.cornucopia3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5089

> Quote - There is a better script than mine but I'm having one of those days - I can't remember who wrote it or where to find it - I do remember Forester uses it to import sequences from RealFlow.

That would be me (see attached link for C3D thread with download link).

I suggested Mark's script as mine can only read OBJ and RealFlow BIN (unless some one writes an importer plugin for 3DS format) and only supports one material.

impish ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2008 at 1:37 PM

I thought it was but seeing you post about my script threw me  althought it doesn't explain why I couldn't find the thread ;-)

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.