Thu, Oct 3, 3:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: V4Head Standalone prop/figure ?? (WIP)

jenay ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 2:06 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 5:05 PM

file_418756.jpg

... I am in a Frankensteining mood ... ... here is what I came up with so far ... I am trying to get a V4 head standalone figure/prop (with all morphs applicable). I saw, that in my Poser4 library are such head-only figures for Posetta and Dork. I tried a couple of approaches - with morphmanager and other tools, but not very successfully ... In the end - I exported the head - along with neck and eye balls (and the teeth - I noticed too late that they are needed - LOL). Then I imported these obj files again, parented the head to the neck, the eyes to the head, and so on. Also I created a couple of expression morphs (2 expressions - to be honest), created a new prop with the help of the Posergrouping tool) and added them as morph targets to the head prop. OK - it works so far, but a bit tedious - maybe you have a better idea, you Poser gurus - ;)

the reason, I wanted to do this: I have a couple of decent Posetta figures/props/
clothings/second skins - here is an example of Davo's scifi body glove I never
used for ages, but still a nice addon for my upcoming scifi comic project ...

shuy ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 5:18 PM

You can make Posette with V4 head. Only disadvantage would be gape/scar on neck where Posette and Vicky polygons touch each other - I think you cannot weld it and make smooth joint.

1 - Set Posette in "0" pose. Set her head invisible.
2 - Pose V4 placing her head where Posette head was. Use scale if necessery.
3 - Using group tool make prop with V4 head. If you scaled it better export/import V4 head obj (DO NOT check "make polygon normal..." in import window)
4 - Hide V4 body (make her invisible). You should see Posette with New Prop in place of original head. Now select Posette head and in "object" meny choose "replace body part with prop.
5 - You have Posette with Vicky head but eyeballs are in wrong place. Repeat step 3 and 4 with eyeballs.
6 - Go to setup room. Switch camera on right or left and make jaw bones (they should have no geometry atm). Check V4 bones in setup room and try to place Posette jaws in similar position.
7 - Repeat step 3 and 4 for jaws.
8 - Try to move Posette new eyes. Probably they do not work well. Open "joint editor" and fix center of eyeballs bones in correct places.
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/media/folder_9/file_413186.jpg
Just in case "joint editor" window and parameters which should be fixed.

This figure should accept V4 morphs in morphmanager. If morphs cause weird results try export obj "as a morph target" from V4 and import to new head.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2008 at 1:32 AM

Another way.

Line the 2 figures up the way you want. Save the PZ3 for future use.

Export the 2 necks as objects. Import the 2 necks into modeling app and cut them, add what verts are needed to match each other and slice them together. Re-shape the splice to look nice. Export as new .obj

Import that neck back into your saved PZ3.

Export the V4 head, with possette body and the new neck. You can hack the possette Cr2 to point to the new figure .obj and with some JP adjustment you have your new working figure. MorphManager to transfer the V4 head morphs to the new figure. Should work.

jenay ( ) posted Fri, 28 November 2008 at 9:13 AM

Hi -thank your for answer :) I'll try the approach with "replace body part with prop" first.

the neck is not a big problem, I can smoot it out via postwork :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.