Sun, Sep 22, 2:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Poser 7 - newb - DM Scenes pz3's - where?

jakiblue ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 12:32 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:36 AM

Brand new to Poser 7 after a couple of years of DS, and I'm trying to figure out HOW i can access the pz3 scenes from DM's products. Read me says they go in Runtime/DM Production Pz3's, which is where I have placed them, but i can't figure out how to SEE them. Do I need to add it as a new runtime or something? 

Paloth ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 1:12 AM · edited Sun, 30 November 2008 at 1:15 AM

You should be able to click on and open the pz3s directly. They are Poser scene files. 

Alternately, you can import the pz3 through Poser’s 'import object' feature.  

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

jakiblue ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 2:37 AM

they're not showing up at all. There's a folder called DM Production pz3's but when I click on that, it's blank - the folders with the scene files in them aren't visible.

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 3:30 AM

Re-openj your zip file and just have a look at the path the pz3's are actually going to, that will tell you "exactly" where they are.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

jakiblue ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 4:32 AM

I did. They go to RuntimeDM Production Pz3's  The problem I am having is that I can't seem to locate them in the library within Poser - there's figures, poses, camera etc on the right hand side. And the pz3 folders aren't showing when I click on any of them.

tomlin ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 4:50 AM

PZ3s do not show up in the library. You have to either open (create a new scene) or import (into a existing scene) them through the main menu.

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 5:13 AM

As tomlin says, there should be a folder in your runtime called DM Productions pz3's, you'll find them in there. You can do File/open inside Poser  and locate it that way or go into the folder and double click on the pz3.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

witchdidi ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 5:42 AM

file_418900.png

Hi Jaki. See attached image. Once you click poser document/prop, you'll need to go to the folder with the scene you want and open. It will be opened in Poser in addition to whatever you've set up.

Be mad...until proven genius.

Sitting quietly in the corner does not make one the class fool.

- Didi

RDNA Store

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 7:04 AM

As tomlin stated on the previous post, these are pz3 files, or complete scenes, which can be found in the designated folder.  You will never see them in the Poser library.  Just go File>Open and navigate to the folder where they are kept.  Simple if you want to see what you have.

jakiblue ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 8:03 AM

thanks all! i was under the impression you could see them within poser and just click to open them, not import. I thought I wasn't explaining myself correctly. LOL. Appreciate all the help, and thanks for the screenshot Witchdidi! I'm starting to find my way around P7 at last. LOL

witchdidi ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 8:11 AM

You're welcome. I'm learning DS so I know what it feels like to be lost!

Be mad...until proven genius.

Sitting quietly in the corner does not make one the class fool.

- Didi

RDNA Store

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.