Sun, Sep 15, 5:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 4:15 pm)

Subject: Making Fairy Wings Without a 3D Modeler

bushi ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2001 at 11:40 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 7:55 PM

Attached Link: http://bushi3d.com

file_185881.jpg

A couple of times in recent memory users have asked about what's required to make their own wings. Usually the answer is a 3D modeler and lots of time to learn it. I've put together a tutorial on creating fairy wings using only a 2D paint program and stock Poser props. The resulting wings won't be useful 100% of the time but for many instances they should work fine. The check the tutorials section on my site. Images Credits: Rei Hair - Kozaburo/YAMAG/Koh Fairy Figure - Thorne's Robyn Character

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2001 at 11:55 PM

Very good idea, Master Bushi. I'm surprised that no one has posted this before. Thanks.

Wizzard ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 12:55 AM

good stuff Bushi-san.... thank ye 8 )

AprilYSH ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 12:59 AM

there's a lot you can do with primitives with the right tex, bump and trans maps ... the brycers seem to do it a lot but posers tend to like to play with fully modelled props. good on you to try to open up this idea here :)

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 12:59 AM

Thanks, such a simple idea ~goes to give it a try, kicking herself for not thinking of it.~

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 1:31 AM

Thankyou, so easy when you know how. Have made wings in Bryce but prefer to render in poser. Now I can have different wings, not just the lovely ones from Thorne.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Ironbear ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2001 at 2:50 AM

Cool stuff. Thanks Bushi. ;]

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

bushi ( ) posted Mon, 02 July 2001 at 1:19 AM

Thanks for the comments! Funny thing about this technique. I first used it over a year ago to make the feathers for the mekAngel. It never occurred to me till recently to write it up in a tutorial. Oh well, better late then never. ;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.