Wed, Oct 2, 9:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Runtime cleaner?

Darkworld ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2008 at 11:09 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 9:42 PM

is there a quick app that will search your ENTIRE runtime and delete any unused obj/bump maps/textures/etc?

it would take me 2 weeks to rebuild poser and i just don't have the time- so instead of starting over and making separate runtimes i've decided to optimize my single runtime the best i can.

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2008 at 11:33 AM

You could look at correct reference pro from Hogsoft. I dont know if it has an option to locate orphans though.

Doran ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2008 at 3:10 PM

Why do you keep suggesting CR or CRpro? You've posted this advice to one of my threads as well and I told you that the site was closed. Once and for all hogsoft.com is not around anymore. If you know where CRpro can be obtained elsewhere then link us to it. Until then please understand that this website is no longer available.

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2008 at 3:30 PM

I am getting a site with cr pro and other software at www.hogsoft.com  If the site is down whoever owns it should wipe the pages . I havent tried buying anything from it but the site is still up !!!  This pic is a screenshot from TODAY !   Freestuff downloads from the site are still active .

donquixote ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2008 at 3:37 PM

Quote - If you know where CRpro can be obtained elsewhere then link us to it.

Try the marketplace?

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=40363&vendor=43898

elzoejam ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2008 at 8:18 PM

Hogsofts site is open over here, and as far as I know hasn't had any trouble in ages. He also sells CRPro here, in the Marketplace. GREAT program, BTW. Maybe you should check your browser settings instead of jumping all over someone trying to help?

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2008 at 4:48 AM

CR Pro can do this, I think - but you need to be wary of deleting things which may be shared between more than one item. Some creators use things like generic maps, or body handle geometry, which can be called from several products.

donquixote ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2008 at 1:04 PM

Quote - Maybe you should check your browser settings instead of jumping all over someone trying to help?

Agreed.

But I too cannot seem to access the site as of late (for several weeks now). And I have not changed any of my browser settings, my ISP, or anything else.

Any ideas?

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2008 at 3:10 PM

I know that sprint and another ISP are having a disagreement about interconnections . I dont know if that is still going .  I havent had trouble with www.hogsoft.com though that should be an american address and the pricing seems to be english pounds .

195.8.78.1 is the ip address I get. You could try a ping from the command prompt that is on the accessories menu.  If that doesnt work try tracert and see where the block is , or just call your isp tech support.

ping www.hogsoft.com
tracert www.hogsoft.com
ping 195.6.78.1
tracert 195.6.78.1

Doran ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2008 at 1:39 AM · edited Tue, 18 November 2008 at 1:39 AM

Hey guys, I am sorry for my last post. I am a hot head and I do act before I think sometimes. I had been told after several attempts that the site was gone; something about VPS whatever that means. I couldn't connect and the screen I saw was the type you get when a site doesn't exist. Coupled with what others had said I had every reason to believe that the site was gone. That is not an excuse, though. I had thought that my post above was not contentious but after looking at it again it looks pretty sarcastic after all. I have been so frustrated lately about my 3D work, especially my animation projects that I wasn't thinking and for that I sincerely apologize. Now to go a drink some cool aid. Just kidding.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2008 at 4:00 AM

Attached Link: VPS: whatever that means

Hey, it's cool. You went by what you saw - a little forcefully, perhaps - but if we were all level-headed well-adjusted individuals we probably wouldn't be artists in the first place. :) 

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2008 at 10:40 AM

what Englishbob said ;)   , you acted on what you had good reason to believe was true , no harm no foul, and I am used to women shouting at me ;)   

I got and replied to your site mail .

If I suggest it again I will mention renderosity store.

donquixote ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2008 at 1:56 PM

Quote - Hey guys, I am sorry for my last post.

Apology == very cool.

After too many OT debates, I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one around here who ever admitted error or had to apologize.

Doran ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2008 at 11:48 PM

Thanks Guys :)

rockets ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2008 at 8:58 AM

I know this thread was started last month, but as of today I also can't access hogsoft.com.  Is there another link for this site?

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

elzoejam ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2008 at 9:12 AM

It comes up just fine for me :-)

http://www.hogsoft.com/content/index.php

-Sarah

rockets ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2008 at 9:15 AM

Hmmm, that's odd...I can't access it even when clicking on your link.  :crying:

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2008 at 9:52 AM

Hm - my post here is a little OT. I can see the hogsoft site no problem. But yesterday I could not get any response from svdl's web site, http://www.svdlinden.nl/

Earlier today instead of a "Not Found" error I got a "Your IP address is not authorized" error with additional info saying my IP address has been blocked at the server.

As of this moment, it is back to "Not Found".

Perhaps there is something strange going on with internet between North America and Europe?

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

rockets ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2008 at 10:03 AM

Quote - Hm - my post here is a little OT. I can see the hogsoft site no problem. But yesterday I could not get any response from svdl's web site, http://www.svdlinden.nl/

Earlier today instead of a "Not Found" error I got a "Your IP address is not authorized" error with additional info saying my IP address has been blocked at the server.

As of this moment, it is back to "Not Found".

Perhaps there is something strange going on with internet between North America and Europe?

Hard to say, I'm in the USA.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2008 at 10:16 AM · edited Wed, 10 December 2008 at 10:19 AM

Attached Link: http://www.anon.me/

It seems to be a regional thing, possibly DNS related. Try going via an anonymising proxy - you don't care about anonymity, obviously, but it effectively gives you access from wherever the proxy is situated. http://www.anon.me/ worked for me.

Edited to clarify - http://www.anon.me/ gives me access to hogsoft (although I could get it anyway), but not svdl's site. That could be related, or there again, not. ;)

rockets ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2008 at 11:19 AM

Great...that works!  Thanks Bob!

bopperthijs ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2008 at 11:57 AM

*Perhaps there is something strange going on with internet between North America and Europe?

*I can't get to steven's website either, and I'm living in Holland, but I can reach Hogsoft on the other hand so it must be something else.

I haven't seen Steven around for a long time, so I hope he is just busy with other things.

regards,

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

Klebnor ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2008 at 2:29 PM

Does anyone have experience with CRPro II (mentioned above).  It's on clearance sale now and I would buy it if other users had used it successfully.

I would like to use it to make relative references absolute (which I believe it does on a scan runtime basis).

I would also like to use it to move content from one runtime to another (primarily to split large runtimes into smaller ones so they open more quickly in Carrara).   Does it do this effectively and safely?

Thanks,

Klebnor

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

Dizzi ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2008 at 4:49 PM

I found CRPro's interface not really user friendly (for example too many clicks needed to choose the correct reference) and had it correct references to the wrong files (completely other filename...), even when the correct references were choosen.  Last time I tried it, it  was just sitting there doing nothing at all on the scan, maybe my runtime's too big now.
One good thing about it is that it writes a log file so you can find those errors - it's poorly formated thought, but if you use an editor that highlights all occurences of a certain filename, checking what it did isn't too bad.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2008 at 3:30 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=50759

Runtime Zip & Repair is also on sale right now. I must emphasise that I don't have it - it's in my wishlist right now, which is how I know it's on sale - but my experience of Dimension3D's products has been nothing but positive. Just an alternative you may want to consider.

Klebnor ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2008 at 7:19 AM

Thanks, Dizzi and EnglishBob.

I have Poser File Organizer from Dimension3D, and it does an acceptable job of fixing references, but it is slow (on massive runtimes) and I find the interface daunting.  One must spend a lot of time researching what each option means to get the scan result desired.  Because it stops when it can't find a reference, one must babysit the scan and make a choice whenever a missing texture or other reference file is encountered.  This takes quite a while on runtimes with thousands of files.

It also indicates it can be used to move content, however, my experience is that when you move content, it leaves all the ancillary files where they are and just changes the references in the library object files you move to refer back to the old runtime.  This obviously negates the intent of splitting a runtime as the morphs, textures and geometries stay in the old runtime which remains huge.  I do not see such transfer capability in the Runtime Zip and Repair product.

I also have, and use frequently, Morphing Clothes from Dimension3D.  This is perhaps the best utility I have ever seen for Poser (DAZ, Carrara).  It adds morphs from a character object to a clothing object and it works extremely well in my experience.  If you have a character with specific body morphs you can easily add them to any piece of clothing.

What I really want to know is whether CRPro will transfer a piece of content, with all its ancillary files, from one Runtime to another - cleaning up after itself.  Right now the only option I know of is to completely delete the specific runtime and reinstall all content into two new Runtimes.  This is obviously the best method (although any alterations made to individual files is lost in the process along with any newly created content saved in the Runtime) but it is time consuming.

Any advice on CPPro II from users is appreciated.

Klebnor

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

donquixote ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2008 at 11:59 AM

I, too, would like to hear more about folks' experiences with CPPro or any other utilities for moving content from one Runtime to another.

Klebnor ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2008 at 7:31 PM

Anyone have / use this product?

Klebnor

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.