Wed, Oct 2, 9:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: ? to remove winweb security trojan virus?

dorkmcgork ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2008 at 10:12 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 1:54 AM

got this irritating thing today possibly from email.  all the removal stuff i can find involves installing another one of those damned things : ( or when they mention manually getting rid of it, they are talking about files that don't exist (surely to push their own product.)
so anyone know how to get rid of it?  i haven't installed the software it asks to install.  it turned off the firewall and the virus protections.  it doesn't allow to turn the firewall on again, but i'm running virus scan right now.
i'm using xp.
thanks for any help. 

go that way really fast.
if something gets in your way
turn

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2008 at 10:18 PM

Okay, I think I am familiar with what you picked up.  I cleaned out a machine for someone with a similar problem years ago and it did involve installing their uninstaller to clear out the problem.  It's a nuisance but it's a necessary evil you'll have to try.  I did and I haven't heard about any problems since then.

dorkmcgork ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2008 at 11:06 PM

i don't know of any of those anti-spyware cleaners that are not spyware themselves.  i have seen those problems become compounded pretty intensely by them.  i'm hoping for more detailed info, hopefully, or where to go to find more detailed info, and i will remove it manually. 
headed over to microsoft right now.

go that way really fast.
if something gets in your way
turn

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 09 December 2008 at 1:02 AM
pakled ( ) posted Tue, 09 December 2008 at 5:09 PM

welp, depending on the effects, I'd try some site like computer Cops (if it's still around). They helped me get rid of a ba*tard of a program/virus/etc called 'Cool Web Search'. Some of the procedures were 14 steps long.

One thing - if you install 2 antivirus programs at once, each may point out the other as a potential threat...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

dolphing ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2008 at 9:34 AM

The best way for me and most of the time wen any virus is controlling the fire wall or anti virus is, check the patch or location of the this file -reboot the computer in safe mode  and locate the file again -delete it or rename it and delete or cut it but the idea is to make some changes in the file to disarmed it .Rebbot your compu in normal mode and see if you got it .

rockets ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2008 at 10:47 AM

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.