Mon, Oct 21, 11:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Your first copy of Vue?

smallspace ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2008 at 4:19 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 5:42 AM

With all this upgrading going on, it makes me curious as how long we've really been supporting this program.

I can remember using Vista Pro and being frustrated by its limitations. Then one day, I saw this program, "Vue d'Esprit" version 2 on 3D Cafe and thinking to myself, "This has got potential!" Bought it and loved it ever since. That was 10 years ago.

How about you?  Where, when and how?

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2008 at 4:46 PM

I've been using Vue since Vue 4.  Came over from Bryce and never looked back! 

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

gillbrooks ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2008 at 5:09 PM

Ditto what Peggy said 😄

Gill

silverblade33 ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2008 at 5:13 PM

I was a HUGE Bryce fan, and was gutted what happened to it, waited, waited...nada it was dead in the water...so, reluctantly (seriously! I'm loyal and stubborn n' dumb too!) tried Vue...and didn't look back ;)

So went from Bryce 5, to Vue 5 Pro Studio :)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Dale B ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2008 at 5:16 PM

Had Bryce 5, saw Philippe's demo of Mover 4 for Vue 4, and never looked back..... 

bruno021 ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2008 at 5:26 PM

Vue3 for me, but had a hard time understanding the basics of 3D back then. So I let it aside for a while, and got into Terragen, was very easy to use and understand (unlike the new TG2). Got bored of its  amazing render quality and fantastically detailed terrains, desperately empty of any kind of vegetation.
This is when I bought Vue5Esprit. And then ProStudio, and then Infinite, then Vue6, etc...

impish ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2008 at 6:28 PM

Fought with a free copy of Bryce - made about 2 pictures I think and didn't like either.

Found Vue 3 on a cover disc - made a significant number of orders of magnitude more pictures some of which I actually like.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

forester ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2008 at 11:35 PM

Vue Version 1 for me.

offrench ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2008 at 12:54 AM

I had a slightly more complicated approach.

1996: started 3d with Bryce 2.
Tried Vue 1.2. Found that it had copied a number of things from Bryce. Did not like the interface. Stayed with Bryce.

1999 Metacreations abandoned Bryce. I was still using version 4 at the time.
Downloaded a trial version of Vue 3. It crashed several times during my tests and I did not like its default render quality. Uninstalled it.

2001: I was using Bryce less and less and saw the whole user community melt away or switch to more promising apps.
I myself switched my interests towards photography

2006: found that DAZ had purchased Bryce and that version 6 at last had a significant improvement: IBL. Bought it for $6 and started to play with it. 
Sent a few emails to former contacts about Bryce 6 and one of them (Luc Bianco) replied that Vue was the fast moving app at the time. Saw a video at Youtube that detailed the functions of Vue 6 Infinite.
Installed a demo of Vue 6 Pro Studio and played with the functions Bryce has been deprived from for so many years: realistic atmosphere model, ecosystems, material management panel. I then purchased Infinite and now use it for most of my images. 

From what is said above, it seems that:

• many of us are from the former Bryce user base. It is striking to see how largeand faithful it was and how Corel and DAZ let it dwindle entirely. Most of the Bryce users of 1998 no longer use it, but many of them have not switched to Vue.
  • some of us came to Vue after using a demo.

It may be a tad late, but this discussion could prove interesting for the E-On marketing stuff in these times of intense Vue 7 promotion.

Fantasy pictures, free 3d models, 3d tutorials and seamless textures on Virtual Lands.

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2008 at 1:24 AM

Vue 4 and hated it, Vue 5 Esprit and hated it [buggy as hell], upgraded to 5 Infinite and liked it better [more stable than esprit], Vue 6 Infinite, loved it in the end, Vue 7 Infinite, Jury's still out!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

chippwalters ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2008 at 1:47 AM

I was lucky enough to be friends with Kai Krause before Bryce was ever released, and since he knew I used a lot of 3D apps in the Mac community, he asked me to try out a beta of Bryce. It was intoxicating. Unbelievable. Addictive. I couldn't believe how something so simple could create such beautiful, complex scenes.

Over the years, I dabbled with Bryce, Poser, Lightwave, Canoma, SU, Modo, etc.-- probably enjoying Bryce the most, but commercially, it had the least to offer. That said, our company did use it to create some panoramas for games, and a few matte shots.

Back then, the Bryce community was really something. I think it was Bryce 4 which had a built-in chat client where you could talk to folks while your picture rendered.

One day a few years ago, I was surfing and ran across the amazing Vue images at Shifted Reality website:

[http://www.shiftedreality.com

](http://www.shiftedreality.com/page/2/)Remembering how much I enjoyed Bryce, I checked it out and got hooked. My first version was the first release of Vue 5 Infinite. Loved it ever since.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2008 at 3:05 PM

I started with Vue 6 Esprit and have worked my way up to Vue 7 Infinite. Now I am hooked!!

My Facebook Page

gillbrooks ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2008 at 4:46 PM

Quote - I started with Vue 6 Esprit and have worked my way up to Vue 7 Infinite. Now I am hooked!!

A mere puppy then 😉

Gill

MyCat ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2008 at 6:41 PM

I downloaded the Vue 6 Infinite PLE in November 2007. Three days later I downloaded the real thing.

Previously I was using Cararra and Poser.

artistheat ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2008 at 7:43 PM

I believe I also tried Bryce first I think it was B2 or B3 but never was happy with the results.I have B5.5 tried it a few times but again not realy happy with the results...I tried Vue 2 or 3 first and was happy with the results I'm up to V5 and happy with it, also tried V6 ple and was amazed on how far they have come,Now playing with V7 Pioneer.

side note:Started with Poser 2 now up to Poser 7 it goes great with Vue:)

Realm_Of_Illusion ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2008 at 9:34 PM

Got Vue 6 Easel January 07 so I am just a baby... I saw it on the shelves of an Apple store, I had never done 3D before but it looked like so much fun I couldn't resist! A few month later I moved to Vue 6 Pro Studio and now I'm about to go Vue 7 Complete. It's just magic to me, I am definitely hooked! 

MyCat ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2008 at 9:42 PM

I've tried to use Bryce but the interface seems so alien to me. It's worse than Shade!

hein ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2008 at 10:34 PM

Vue 1.2 just before 2.0 was released, no late buyer freebees then, but a box of CDr's cost more than Vue. :)

mhossack ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2008 at 3:20 AM

Started with Vue 6 Easel in August this year, moved to Esprit and got my upgrade to 7 Esprit yesterday. Moved over from Carrara.

Thelby ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2008 at 6:44 AM

Went Terragen, Bryce 5.5 to Bryce 6, then purchased Vue 6 Esprit during the December sale of 2006 and Upgraded to Vue 6 Pro Studio Decemeber 2007 and was hoping to upgrade this December, but it ain't gonna happen 8^(

I would rather be Politically Incorrect,
Then have Politically Correct-Incorrectness!!!

martial ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2008 at 4:42 PM

From the beginning  with file coming with a magazine

jartz ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2008 at 7:21 PM · edited Fri, 19 December 2008 at 7:23 PM

Let's see, for me...  It's been a while let's just say that.

I just looked at galleries of other artists outside of RO that sport Vue renders which to me were awesome, at that time I didn't know what Vue, Bryce, and Terragen was in 2002 - I been so used to CorelDraw - Photopaint, and since Corel used to support Bryce (version 5), I nabbed it in '03 and then Daz took the reigns and provided version 6.  Got so bored with it, as its lustre just wore out on me.

Since 2006, I looked at Vue again, tried version 5 Easel trial and was hooked on it, and with the unveiling of Vue 6, with it's spectral atmospheres, GI and radiosity, I was sold for Esprit.  Now I'm trying out version 7 Pioneer and can't wait to see what e-on has on their sleeves.

In my opinion...

Vue Rocks!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

CobraEye ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2008 at 9:45 PM

With the release of 7...

It's more like Vue 6 is my last version of Vue.

Mazak ( ) posted Sat, 20 December 2008 at 4:40 AM

file_420234.jpg

I started with Vue4 and Mover. But my love with 3D started on my Amiga 500 with Videoscape and Turbo Silver :tt1:

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

andrewe_665 ( ) posted Sat, 20 December 2008 at 2:59 PM

I started many years ago on the amiga. Imagine was at the time years ahead of the curve and Vista pro. I started with a free copy of Vue 3, then purchased Vue 4. Besides the bugs and crashes I have enjoyed the output. I am currently using Vue 6 infinte. I think we are getting ripped of with the price of the upgrade, I mean since I have already purchased 3 upgrades already.

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2008 at 11:31 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=60851

I made the switch to Vue from Bryce around the end of Vue 3.

I was looking for a way to create complex, layered materials for the attached picture and the Bryce material editor felt too alien to me (it still does). I felt right at home using Vue, and once Vue 4 was released with full Poser support, I never looked back (never for long at least).

jrmalone ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2008 at 9:39 PM

I started out with Vue Easel back in 2006. I quickly outgrew it and went up to Vue Pro Studio. I was hooked from the first day. I've never used Bryce, so I can't really knock it. I use Daz and Poser only for character creation; I don't like their render outputs at all, and they're just a bit too clumsy for me. I'm so comfortable with Vue now. I'm waiting to get a new computer before upgrading to Vue 7. I'm itching for both - I want them NOW! :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.