Thu, Sep 19, 8:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Animation Help

Eiseprod ( ) posted Wed, 31 December 2008 at 3:16 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 7:58 AM

Please, I need some help.  I made a six second animation with an imported background picture. But after rendering the animation the background picture does not fill the whole of the background and hence, the animation does not look real. I have attached a sample of that animation to help make my question clearer.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can create more realistic animation?

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 31 December 2008 at 3:45 PM

On the Background image image node, you need to tick the "Auto_fit" box, and make sure the maximum texture size (if that setting exists) is set larger than the largest dimension of the iamge your using.

Eiseprod ( ) posted Wed, 31 December 2008 at 6:17 PM

Auto_Fit is already ticked and the problem still exist and I can not locate the texture maximum size or where to locate it.

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 31 December 2008 at 8:12 PM

Quote - Auto_Fit is already ticked and the problem still exist and I can not locate the texture maximum size or where to locate it.

If you don't have a maximum texture size in the preview Render Settings, it just means that you're using P7.

Does the background image render correctly in a still ?
What Renderer / RenderSettings are you using ?
Is the picture your using the same size / aspect ratio as the final render ?

Eiseprod ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2009 at 7:40 PM

Firstly, I want to take time to thank you for having the patience to answer my question.  Now to reply your questions: You are right. I am using P7

1. Yes, when I do still rendering, the image comes out ok
  2. The renderers I've used are Preview, Fly, P4 and sketch and they all came out with the same problem. The only exception of course is sketch which did not even have a background image at all except little sketches.
  3. I do not know how to determine if the image or aspect ratio is the same with the renderer but what I can tell you is that when I imported the background image into Poser, I made the window mach the image size.

I look forward to your reply. Thank you

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 4:02 AM

As stills render correctly with your background image, then it sounds like this could be a Poser bug.

Are you rendering your animation to seperate images or are you rendering the whole thing direct to an AVI file ?

If your doing the latter, you should try rendering to seperate images and assembling them afterwards.
Obviously if you're already doing that, then it maybe that there's a subtle difference between your render settings for stills and those you're using for the animation.

westcat ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2009 at 8:14 AM

Right understood, but I think he/she has to possibly resize the image if their computer/poser set up only allows for say a 800 by 800 max image then the image has to be downsized in paint shop to say 760 by 760.  right?  that's what I have to do anyway.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.