Thu, Sep 19, 4:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:00 pm)

Subject: Request for a WW II Naval Infantry Hat to be made

GaryChildress ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 12:41 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:50 AM

This is a special request for some of the 3d artists out there.  I'm wondering If someone would please be so kind as to create a World War II vintage German Kriegsmarine hat for Michael 4.   I will most gladly pay for it (Will $20 be a fair price?).  The same hat can also double as a Russian naval infantry hat as well.  The two hats are almost identical.  If you make it I will pay for it and you may certainly also market it here in the marketplace as well.  I'm sure there are others who would gladly pay for such a prop.  :)

Below are a couple pictures of the hat.  The top is a Russian Naval infantry hat and the bottom is the German version.  (Note the ribbon in the back)  As the hats are almost identical, one version will suffice and from there I can use different textures for the different countries.

Many, many thanks for your help!  :)

Please visit My 3D Freebies

Thank you for your patronage!

Digger1967 ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 1:01 AM

If I get some free time tommorow I can probably knock one out for you then, depends on how long the meeting I'm roped into attending will take in the morning.  Touch base with you shortly.

GaryChildress ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 3:46 AM

Quote - If I get some free time tommorow I can probably knock one out for you then, depends on how long the meeting I'm roped into attending will take in the morning.  Touch base with you shortly.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! 

ranman38 ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 9:42 AM

file_421143.jpg

would this work?

GaryChildress ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 1:03 PM · edited Mon, 05 January 2009 at 1:07 PM

Yes!  That will work very well!

How shall we work payment?  Can you post it in the markeplace and I can buy it through there or is there better way? 

EDIT: My e-mail is grchildress(at)earthlink(dot)net if you want to discuss it there.

ranman38 ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 1:18 PM

it is a modified freebie of mine from Vanishingpoint.biz. So, it is free to you. I will send it in a bit.

GaryChildress ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 1:26 PM

Oh!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  You are absolutely the BEST!! 

I make animated units for Sid Meier's Civilization III over at Civfanatics.com and post them for the players there to use.  The units are all freebies of course.  I will credit your name when I post them.  They will be delighted!  

Thank you very much again and again!! 

ranman38 ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 1:28 PM

can you extract templates and the like? or do I need to send those a well?

GaryChildress ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 1:34 PM

I have UVMapper which I use to extract the coordinates for the textures.  Is that what you mean? 

ranman38 ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 1:36 PM

yes that will work fine

GaryChildress ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 1:47 PM

Thank you again!  You are very generous.  I have downloaded your freebies before and used them for my animations and your work is excellent!  Thank you for posting them. 

Maybe you could post this hat on renderosity as well?  I've looked all over the place and couldn't find one like it so it will certainly fill an empty niche in the marketplace.  World War II stuff is relatively hard to come by.  I certainly hope to see more of your work out there on the era.  :)

ranman38 ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 1:51 PM

do you want me to texture it, or can you do that? I am strapped for time right now, or I would do so.
Do you have a link to your animations? i would love to see them.

GaryChildress ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 2:10 PM · edited Mon, 05 January 2009 at 2:11 PM

I can texture it.  Thanks!  :)

Here is a thread with some of my early work over at Civfanatics.  The German Pz Grenadier at the bottom of the first post is almost entirely composed of your work, save for the machine gun.  I've been improving my techniques since then and am getting better at using Poser to animate things.  

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=270064

Lately I've begun work on some more German units mostly using Adh3d's work.  However, the helmet I'm using for all my German units is yours as I can't find another helmet which looks as good to me, even among ones I've purchased!!  Here is a thread with my latest work.   If you look close at the helmets (other than the fallschirmjaeger helmet) you will notice they are yours from your German Soldier pack. 

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=303430[

](http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=270064)

ranman38 ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 2:14 PM

nice work! I have an updated german soldier I need to finish up one of these days.

GaryChildress ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 2:55 PM

Thank you! 

I look forward to your new German soldier!  I have collected just about every modern military figure and prop that I have been able to find.  I will most surely add it to my collection when it comes out!

ranman38 ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 4:30 PM

check your email! :)

GaryChildress ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 5:06 PM

Thanks again!  Check my reply to your e-mail.  I will e-mail you a link to Civfanatics when I get the first unit completed with the new hat! 

:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.