Sun, Sep 22, 2:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: snap to python script

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 5:53 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:28 PM

Ive been using a python script that i got from this site to move objects in poser pro .It was working ok but Ive changed my operating system from vista home premium 32 bit to vista home premium 64 bit .I reinstalled poser pro and put all my runtimes etc back and everything else works fine except this script which now gives this error message   This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found Re-installing the application may fix this problem. Re-installing did not work has any body got any idears?

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 9:08 AM

That's interesting.  SnapTo doesn't require MSVCR directly, and it
doesn't import any unusual stuff.  The only thing it uses that might
not be common to other scripts is the String module.

Could you try this to check whether String is the problem?

Copy the two lines below to a PY file and run it inside Poser, and
see what happens.

import string
print string.split("First Last")

If it works, you should see this boring result:
['First', 'Last']

If String is the problem, you'll get the MSVCR error again.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 3:15 PM

It also occurs to me that TkInter could be the problem.  Have you tried other
scripts that use the tkinter GUI? 

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 5:45 PM

ive gotten it fixed now thanks, Ihave another pc with PP on and found it had MSVCR71.dll in runtime/textures/!DAZ so i copied that into the one on the pc that wasnt working and it replaced it and works fine now .all other python scripts were working ok any way . your advice and help is much appreciated.Ive no idear what happened maybe the dll got corrupted but any way its fixed now , so once again thanks for your help its nice to know that some one is prepared to go to the time and trouble to help out.

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 8:26 PM

Good that you got it sorted.  Those MSVCR things do get corrupted sometimes.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

svdl ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2009 at 8:31 PM

MSVCR71.dll in runtime/textuers/!DAZ ?

Now THAT is weird indeed. It should have been in the main Poser application folder, not somewhere in the data folders!

I'll look into this on my own machine.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.