Sun, Oct 6, 7:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Packing Runtimes

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 1:23 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:09 AM

What are all the different packers out their, I'm looking for something to put my custom character into a zip file to share. I've seen some but I forgot where.

Thanks

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 1:48 PM

I've used 7-Zip which is free

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 2:05 PM

I'm using winrar but not too many are using rar so I need to go with zip I guess. I may check into 7 zip thanks FrankT

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 2:14 PM

You can convert .rar files to .zip right within winrar.  I do it all the time whenever I have a rar which I would like as a zip.  You can find it under tools in Winrar, convert archive.

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 2:22 PM

I didn't know that, hmm

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 3:04 PM

WinRAR can make a ZIP just as easily as a RAR.  No need to convert.....

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 3:25 PM

Many people use winrar (like myself) because if you end up with  BIG download, you can easily split up the archive into smaller downloadable "bites"

I zip everything, but I've always done it with winrar for years.

I have read a lot of recent "buzz" about 7zip, but until it becomes an accepted main standard, rar and zip are my weapons of choice.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 3:35 PM

You're right ockham, I completely forgot that you can create both formats from Winrar. DUH!

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 5:41 PM

7-zip generates normal zip files quite happily and I think you can split the archive but I've not needed to do that yet

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 6:32 PM

how do you change rar to zip in winrar? can someone help me please

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.