Fri, Sep 20, 4:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: M4 not playing nice with Inj magic or IPB- GRRR!

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2009 at 8:04 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:34 AM

I cannot seem to get M4 to play nicely with Injection magic or Injection Pose Builder. I downloaded the files someone had up at the daz site for m4 and v4.....
But when i try and load the char I JUST made using the paramater dials.... it takes 10+ minutes to parse... and I just give up.

I can't get Inj Magic to work with him at all.
Can I get some help... anyone know any other tricks/tips?
Anyone how can help me out will get the char :P

Sparky3D ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 12:06 PM · edited Fri, 09 January 2009 at 12:10 PM

The only way I know how to make proper injection poses for the 4th generation DAZ figures is to save a regular pose to the poser library using the "Morph Channels" option in P7 if possible, then open the pz2 in a text editor and remove any excess material (extra morphs, rotation data, etc.), and then manually insert readscripts at the top of the pz2 pointing to each of the morphs you used to make your character.

Ex. of a readscript pointing to a morph in M4:
readScript ":Runtime:Libraries:!DAZ:Michael 4:Deltas:Morphs++:InjDeltas.FBMSmooth.pz2"

For the REM file, you do pretty much the same, just change "Inj" to "Rem":
readScript ":Runtime:Libraries:!DAZ:Michael 4:Deltas:Morphs++:RemDeltas.FBMSmooth.pz2"

And you set all of your morphs to 0 (for the REM file), Ex. k  0  0

I'm sure someone who's savvy at programming could write an app to do all of this automatically, but I'm afraid I'm not that person, so I do alot of this stuff manually.  ;-)

--Sparky

Visit the Philosopher's Egg!

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 12:55 PM

OW!  That red is a little too intense.

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 1:22 PM

You'll need a config file for M4.
The best place to check would be the DAZ forums, as I'm fairly sure someone created one.

Anniebel ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 1:47 PM

I've got one if you PM me.

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 5:12 PM

I wouldnt mind editing it in notepad or something... if i can get a hold of a tutorial that went over the process of that technique step by step...im a visual learner ^_^i have to see it to learn it

Sparky3D ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 5:56 PM

Was that directed at me? :-) If it was, then I could send you an INJ/REM pair I did for the body morph of one of my characters, so you can see what I did. You could PM me an e-mail address to send it to. Alternatively, I could put them together for you if you send me the raw pose (for body morphs) or fc2 (for face morphs), if you have trouble. Just a note, to clarify, using this method, the end user does not need to preinject Morphs++, the pose will inject the necessary morphs. Something a surprising number of V4/M4 characters seem to lack. :-D

--Sparky

DigitalDreamsDS ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 6:02 PM

that would be awesome if you could put together a tut for me ^_^. I don't mind playing with things in txt files cus I dont have anything else to do... this IS what I do lol.
I'm sending you a site mail now ;)

Sparky3D ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 6:15 PM

Getting to work on the info. ;-) Be read in a mo'.

--Sparky

Sparky3D ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 6:53 PM

Alright, tut and reference material sent, let me know how it works out. :-D

--Sparky

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.