Mon, Oct 7, 6:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Purchase my first character for V4 need help

salina ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 5:05 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 2:58 AM

I just purchase my first character for V4 and i placed all the files in the correct folders. when i run the mat and inj the face appears to have the correct eye and hair colors but the lips and facial structure still seems to have the Victoria features. I am still very new. I understand for the most part what i am doing but not enough to know what i did wrong. Does anyone know what i did not do correctly? Thank you

markschum ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 5:19 PM

after inj the character check for a new dial that will set the morph .

alizea ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 5:29 PM

Which character exactly have you purchased ? You may need Morphs++ for V4 to be installed .The Inj file may dial some of these morphs++ , so if you don't have this package of extra morphs , the inj file will dial ...nothing at all .
There are several characters for V4 that are "custom" morphed , that means that you don't need these morphs++ .

Materials files will work anyway - you may put a material on any ( morphed or not ) V4.

Alice's and GND4's Tailor !
Check my free clothing fits : www.alizea3d.com

IsaoShi ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 5:42 PM · edited Fri, 09 January 2009 at 5:43 PM

If the character does require V4 Morphs++ (check in the ReadMe file, or on the product page):-

1. V4 Morphs++ needs to be installed in your V4.2 runtime (obvious, I know);

2. After the install, you need to run the V4.2 Initialise utility. The install program should create a desktop shortcut for this.

3. You need to inject the Morphs++ into V4.2 after loading her Base figure.

4. Then apply the character head and body INJ poses.

5. and 4. can be reversed and it should still work. You just won't see all the body shape changes until the Morphs++ are injected.

Happy rendering!

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

salina ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 6:01 PM

this is a great start, i will try the dial. I purchased Penny Driver does not appear to need Morphs++ will check back and let you know if all worked. thanks for the quick responses.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 6:48 PM

It looks like you need the morphs++.  The description from the vendor is a little vague, but you do need V4 morphs to change the features of your base model.  Any doubt, contact the vendor for specific instructions or requirements.

salina ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 7:23 PM · edited Fri, 09 January 2009 at 7:28 PM

Quote - It looks like you need the morphs++.  The description from the vendor is a little vague, but you do need V4 morphs to change the features of your base model.  Any doubt, contact the vendor for specific instructions or requirements.

I think you are right because nothing i have tried helps. The nose, eyelashes, facial struct and mouth will not change.

here is the pic of my model and the pic of the figure i bought, wasnt sure how to upload in here so i enclosed a link.

http://www.unvup.com/victoriamorph.jpg
http://www.unvup.com/pennypic.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2009 at 10:57 PM

Yep, pretty sure you need the morph++ pack.  Unfortunately, every character pack put out by vendors will just about require the morph addition to V4 base.  Even if you decide to create your own custom features, it is still a prerequisite. 

salina ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2009 at 9:44 PM

I am purchasing the morph pack to see if this helps. seems it will be needed at one point or another so no point in putting it off. will let everyone know if that was the problem. spoke with vendor and he did not seem to think morph was needed but then he stated most everyone already had it so it probably does. so i will try it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.