Sun, Sep 22, 2:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: how do i get 4 views back ?

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2009 at 2:33 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:22 PM

I know this sounds a really stupid question ,but how do i get the 4 camera views back in vue?Some how ive managed to get two views side by side and the other two are underneath using the toggle current view /4 views gives either one that fills most of the screen of the two side by side with the others underneath

Rutra ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2009 at 2:38 PM · edited Fri, 16 January 2009 at 2:38 PM

At the border between windows, the cursor transforms into a double arrow or quadruple arrow (where all windows meet). When you see one of these, just click and drag and the border will move.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2009 at 3:38 PM

or double click same area to make windows snap ;)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

angora ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2009 at 11:41 PM

Another question? ;-D
I was browsing the fora looking for hints how to get an 'upright' pic.
Like http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1798528&member
(WOW!)
I know how to select a render area, but should be able to 'adjust' the windows vertically?
Of course, the windows themselves can be altered, as you described here, but the content doesn't 'follow'.
?
THX? ;-D

Rutra ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2009 at 12:37 AM · edited Wed, 04 February 2009 at 12:38 AM

Thanks, I'm glad you liked that image. 😄

For that format, go to Render settings, and in the Aspect Ratio list choose "A4 vertical". This is the one I chose but there are more with that "portrait" format.

Warning: you'll have to readjust your camera position after you choose this format.

angora ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2009 at 1:19 AM

Thank you so much, Artur! 
I don't like your image, I LOOOVE it! ;-D
Very impressive POV! It 'works'... !  :-)

Actually I had just found the Aspect ratio in the advanced camera options and going to send another 'don't bother, sorry' message. But glad with your reply!!! I went for the 'square' option, since 'vertical' was too narrow. (As always afraid to 'manually' mess up the original Vue settings). A4 should 'work' better! 
Thanks again for your time and trouble... greatly appreciated!!!

angora ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2009 at 4:37 AM

If anyone would be willing to answer another question, it would be so much appreciated?!!

In the 'new' view, I would like to lower the horizon i.e. enlarge the sky...
(thinking about alpha planes, but it 'must' be possible? Is it??? ;-))

Rutra ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2009 at 12:45 PM

Quote - "In the 'new' view, I would like to lower the horizon i.e. enlarge the sky..."

I'm not sure I understand... Do you want to simply point the camera to a different direction? Is this it?

angora ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 1:30 AM

Hi Artur!

Really appreciate your efforts!!!  :-)

Was 'just' wondering whether it is possible to enlarge the sky i.e. lower the horizon without tilting the camera... that much (which changes the POV dramatically)
(like you can raise & lower other levels, like water, ground or... )
It seems impossible, so this may be a stupid question? ;-D

Rutra ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 2:11 AM

I see. :-)

Well, you could reduce the camera focal length. This will show more of everything without changing the camera angle and without moving the horizon line. It will introduce some distortion though, especially at the corners of the image.

angora ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 3:07 AM

The answer is 'no'... LOL
Focal lenght is 28 mm at the mom.
Thanks a lot... for all!!!

Distortion, a lot!, seems to be inevitable any way...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.