Mon, Sep 9, 4:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: BETA Testers Needed for "Shattered Worlds"

MRX3010 ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2008 at 12:59 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 4:10 AM

I need a few more Beta Testers to try out the next modules for my "Shattered Worlds" sets for Vue (the buildings).  If you are interested please let me know and I will send you a link.  Of course for your help you get to keep the sets.  If all goes well this set will be in the market place by the Holidays :)

For those not familiar with the SW set I have been working on, here are some screen shots of what can be done with it.
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1723389
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1722485
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1726605
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1734020

I am looking for any errors, or missing file warnings.

I only have Vue 6 Pro and SW needs tested in Infinite as well.

Thanks in advance,
Ron

joechip ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2008 at 2:36 PM

Hi Ron

Looks very interesting...........
I have time to help you out.
Remember the previous mods i tested?
i am using Vue6Esp...........latest version.
Mail me here :-
joechip@tiscali.co.uk

G

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2008 at 4:12 PM

Hi,

I am willing to help, PM me :) 

I have Vue 6 Infinite.

Jon

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

MRX3010 ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2008 at 4:33 PM

Thanks everyone!  I have enough testers and I will update progress.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2008 at 2:19 AM

MRx,
if you want, you can use my dirt map material, excellent way to add procedural dirt/grime, so buildings, roads etc won't look the same ;)

http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/vue_mats/dirt_mat.zip

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

MRX3010 ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2008 at 7:23 PM

Many thanks silver!  I hope we can get part 1 finished this week and get part 2 tested starting next week.  So far just a few missing texture map errors.  Next part will be the fun stuff, materials and street props.

TESTERS:
I have sent the link to the missing files to you, if you are on the SW: BETA team and did not get the link let me know so I can get it to you.

Thanks for the help,
Ron

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2008 at 4:01 AM

Hi,

I never received a link.

Cheers
Jon

silverblade33 ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2008 at 7:10 AM

My pleasure, mate ::)

Sorry to keep harping on about it, but dirt mapping is one of the best damned ways to get a more realistic look on materials, especially on many similar objects.

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

ranman38 ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2008 at 9:25 AM

looking forward to this, I am always having to damage buildings myself. When it is out I will use it a lot I imagine.

MRX3010 ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2008 at 6:15 PM

Thanks, that is why I created it.  I imagined there had to be others out there besides me who needed a quick post apocalyptic solution.  It takes time to destroy a world but soon it won't at least not for Vue users  :)

MRX3010 ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2008 at 9:36 PM

OK all testers should now have BETA#2 BuildingSet2 and a revised Set1 which should have no errors it just needs a quick re-testing.

Let me know if you did not get the links or have questions.

We will get some test shots posted for everyone shortly, it will be worth the wait :)

MRX3010 ( ) posted Sat, 18 October 2008 at 9:23 AM

Almost all tests are in, I will make the corrections and we will start on the Material tests Monday if everyone is ready.

Let me know if you need more time.

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Sat, 18 October 2008 at 9:39 AM

I have built a new machine yesterday built around a quad core so I am reinstalling everything, should have results by Monday.

Jon

MRX3010 ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 7:21 PM

Let me know if you are ready for the Material Betas to start.

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 2:23 AM

Ah sorry, thought I had replied, no probs with the other links, all imported and worked ok, ready for materials now.

Jon

matsmolund ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 9:56 AM

I´m also interested in testing your product; just bought Infinite.
Mats

MRX3010 ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 9:41 AM

matsmolund:
We are good to go with this BETA and it is about 50% finished now.  I will have several other products needing tested in infinite soon though.

Thanks

MRX3010 ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2008 at 11:00 AM

WE are almost finished with the first sets.  Look for some test shots soon.  We will be testing other sets for SW and releasing them in due time.  We have 3 more tests to do for this set , all testers should have received BETA#3 today, if you did not let me know here. 

Thanks,

Ron

MRX3010 ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 2:13 PM · edited Sun, 09 November 2008 at 2:15 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1778098

SW BETA TEAM  should now have BETA #4 It includes the new bridge model and a lot of mats and re-vised street props (Oh and yes the cars no longer fall off the bridge) :) Here is a peek at what can be done with the pack so far.  Next we move on to the atmospheres and re-test a few buildings.  After that feel free to post your renders.  As soon as the tests are finished expect to see many freebies for SW.[

](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1778098)

Thanks everyone!

MRX3010 ( ) posted Wed, 12 November 2008 at 7:03 PM

The last prop before release is ready for beta, next atmospheres and it's ready to go.[

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1780382](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1780382)

MyCat ( ) posted Wed, 12 November 2008 at 9:56 PM

I'll be buying this the minute it is released. I'm playing the game Fallout 3, this is a perfect fit for that game.

(I have Vue 7 Infinite if you need testers for it. I have no testing experience though.)

MRX3010 ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2008 at 9:04 PM

Pack 1 is almost ready!
I will update as soon as I know whats going on.

MRX3010 ( ) posted Mon, 24 November 2008 at 11:51 AM

Pack 1 has been split into several packs to keep the file size down.  I am getting preview renders ready.  These several packs equate to about 30 separate VOB objects and several materials.  I am in talks with Vanishing Points right now and of course you will find it here as well.  We have also begun construction of shatteredworlds3d.com which will be a support site as well as a gallery of "Apocalyptica" art created with the SW set.  You will eventually find tutorials and free items, materials, textures, brushes, etc., that will help with your creation of the perfect Shattered World image. If you wish to contribute free material or tutorial(s) to the site please let me know. It will be 100% free and you will get 100% of the credit.

I want to thank everyone who helped on this beta, you will receive the final release of the first packs ASAP.

Thanks,
Ron

vincentparker ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2008 at 10:46 AM

Attached Link: Fallout

file_418690.jpg

Awesome work. Perfect for Fallout type of renders. Are you looking for suggestions for further things to add? Have a look at the Fallout artwork, it should be an inspiration (pics at the bottom of the page are the buildings).

MRX3010 ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2008 at 11:34 AM

Thanks,
We will always be interested in hearing what you all would like to see in these packs, any inspiration that can be used will be.  We are working on the global catastrophe texture and addons next, these will let the user add on aditional textures and props to create many looks of what ever he/she can imagine.   In particular we like the ice age pack so far.

more to come...

MRX3010 ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2008 at 8:59 PM

file_419171.jpg

OK everyone,  I have posted the final promo image of SW before it hits the store, plus a sneak peak at whats in the pipeline for 09. 

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1791955

I am packing these up and getting all the read me files finished.  Testers should have there final versions by next week if nothing goes wrong on this end.  Special thanks to all of you who helped on this project, and a reminder that we are not finished as there are many more items for SW that are ready to go and will need testing soon.

MRX3010 ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2008 at 11:17 PM · edited Thu, 04 December 2008 at 11:18 PM

file_419261.jpg

I am happy to announce that the first "Shattered Worlds" product (SW Bridge) has been sent up for approval.  If all goes well you will see it in the store here shortly.  Also I have been working on the suport website www.shatteredworlds3d.com which when complete will be a place for tutorials and free items related to SW.

Thanks everyone,
Testers, I am still packing your versions up :)

MRX3010 ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2008 at 9:18 AM

The first SW product has arrived at the Renderosity store and more are to come!

Thank you all!

joechip ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2008 at 3:11 PM

The bridge looks good folks...........wait until you see the other packs..;-)

MRX3010 ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2008 at 10:00 AM

I am pleased to announce that the second SW product has gone live! "Ruined suburbs" Pack 1 is now in the store.  Next will be the "Ruined materials Pack"  ecosystem materials. 

With these first 3 sets Vue users will be able  to easily create realistic "Apocalyptica" style images.  The next sets will help bring even more realism to your scenes.
I hope everyone finds these of use and enjoys this product as much as i do.

Thanks everyone,
Ron

MyCat ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2008 at 9:46 PM

The first two are in my cart. Just waiting for the third.

Is "Ruined Suburbs" an ecosystem? From the promo pictures it doesn't look like one, but the description says it is.

MRX3010 ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2008 at 7:40 AM · edited Fri, 19 December 2008 at 7:50 AM

Wait no longer, the third  module of the initial release is now in the market. 

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=68739&WhatsNew=Y

This is the advanced ecosystem materials pack and combined with these 3 sets the user will be able to create great realism in his/her "Apocalyptica" style images.  The amount of detail that can be achieved with these materials is unheard of.  If you visit my gallery and take a look at the SW promo shots you will see these materials have been thoroughly tested and used in almost every image.  I guess in a way they are the secret underlying ingredient in SW that give it that extra boost.

Yes Ruined Suburbs is an ecosystem object.  It is not a ecosystem "material" but rather an object, in this case a terrain that has an advanced ecosystem material applied to it. This means that esprit users can benefit from the set by simply importing the vob and rendering, but more advanced versions of Vue will allow users full editing control.  There will be more eco system objects in this set, in fact each of the "Ruined Suburb" sets when combined / copied pasted etc will create a massive city layout.

Thank you for the support and please leave honest feedback for the product, it is the only way I can improve these sets.  In fact what you see is the result of months of trial and error and lots of listening to the Renderosity community :)

**MORE NEWS: 

Now with Vue 7 out I will also be needing a few testers with 7 Esprit and 7 Infinite/complete to test the new line. 

I am also in preps to begin creating SW modules for poser, DS and other 3D apps.

**Thank you all and there will be much more to come...
Stay tuned it has only begun.

MRX3010 ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2008 at 11:38 AM

With the success of this set, I am working on quickly getting other modules and the highly requested obj. versions ready.  I can only continue to improve on these sets by your honest feedback and assistance as a community. So with that in mind I have a question that I can not answer by myself.

I have a customer who has **Vue xStream version # 6.05-04.
**and can not get the "Ruined Suburbs" ecosystem object to import. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this error?

**Also can I get feedback from anyone using Vue 7 and any othe SW products?
We did not test in Vue7 as it was not released yet and there is a need for new tests in these versions, if you can help please let me know.

Thanks,
Ron

Mazak ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2008 at 12:06 PM

*I have a customer who has **Vue xStream version # 6.05-04.
*and can not get the "Ruined Suburbs" ecosystem object to import. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this error?

Why did this person not update to 6.60 build 292711it is a free update for all legal customers. :rolleyes:

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

MRX3010 ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2008 at 9:22 AM · edited Tue, 23 December 2008 at 9:25 AM

I was wondering if that might be the issue, thanks for confirming.  I will pass along the info :)
I built these in Pro Studio 6 and thanks to my BETA team I know they all work fine in Infinite, I just could not see how it wouldn't work in XStream.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ron

Jcleaver ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2008 at 10:06 AM

I just bought these, and I use Vue 7 Infinite.  I'll let you know how I did a little later in the day.

John

MRX3010 ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2008 at 7:06 PM · edited Tue, 23 December 2008 at 7:08 PM

I passed along the info Mazak, and according to the buyer it looks like the upgrade fixed the problem, so we can confirm that the ecosystem objects do in fact work on Vue 6 XStream as well.

Great,  post a link to your final images, it should do fine in 7.

Jcleaver ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2008 at 7:46 PM

I sent you a site mail, and I have not quite figured it out yet.  As far as using it as an ecosystem, anyway.  I'm sure I am making it more difficult than it really is!

John

Jcleaver ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2008 at 8:05 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1803038

OK, I was indeed making things to difficult!  D'Oh!

Attached is a quick test.

MRX3010 ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2008 at 10:16 PM

I would say you got the hang of it :)  I am glad you like the set!
I am going to have to get V7I or Complete soon.
I have started working on the obj files so you will be able to eventually paint in more buildings, expand and customize your cities.   You will also be able to import them into any 3D application, rejoice Poser fans!  These will not be ready for a while, next in line will be Blocks 2-4 of the Ruined Suburbs set and the street props which need a bit more polishing.

As a Holiday bonus, I am trying to get the FREE High spectral Atmospheres up to our site for everyone.

Happy Holidays!
Ron

MRX3010 ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2008 at 11:55 AM · edited Tue, 30 December 2008 at 12:04 PM

file_420806.jpg

This is a  preview of the latest SW prop set.  This one will make a lot of you happy as it will be in OBJ format and not just VOB.  It will go into BETA after the start of 09.

Also to let you all know,  SW Ruined Suburbs (Block 2) is now in final review and should hit the marketplace soon. You can get a peek at it in the background above. Also you can see what can be done with the "Ruined Materials Ecosystem  Materials"  Thats whats behind the barrier wall on the right.  I just applied one of the MAT presets to a streched out terain, it's that simple.

Happy New Years everyone!

MRX3010 ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2009 at 3:50 PM

file_420921.jpg

OK ***SW Ruined Suburbs (Block 2)*** is now in the store. Here is an idea of the buildings that are in it. As you can see they are a bit more "shattered". 

Also good news to everyone, you can now get the **FREE SW **Atmospheres at www.shatteredworlds3d.com/freestuff.html

These are the atmospheres that I have used in all of the SW images in my gallery, they are high spectral and take a while to render.
This will be the official support site for the SW line.  The other pages are still under constructions but will be active soon.

Thank you all for the continued support and interest in this set.

MRX3010 ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2009 at 9:27 PM

A quick update to let you know where we stand with SW.
I am converting several of the props into poser format, which got more involved than I wanted LOL.  The end results are well worth it though as there are morphable objects now.  Of course these will be available in a VUE version as well.  I will post some production shots ASAP.
Once again, thank you all for the interest and special thanks to my BETA team.

MRX3010 ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2009 at 11:38 AM

file_422286.jpg

Ruined Suburbs (Pack3), is now LIVE in the store. I am working on more blocks and add ons, and getting other models into BETA ASAP. I have been testing the new cross platform buildings and can tell you they are going to have been worth the wait  ; )

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1818844

Stay tuned...

Thanks,
Ron

MyCat ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2009 at 9:13 AM

Thanks for the free atmospheres. I just downloaded them.

(In the e-mail you sent, though, the link was misspelled :mellow:)

MRX3010 ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2009 at 11:01 AM

Yes the link was misspelled due to the wonderful "auto finish" on my iphone lol.

For those who are intersted it is www.shatteredworlds3d.com/freestuff.html

not shartred or whatever the machines wanted to call it LOL.

alexcoppo ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2009 at 2:30 AM

Today I saw on ShareCG a few destroyed cars models by magneto1969 (http://www.sharecg.com/pf/magneto1969). I think they are a worthy addition to any post-ruin render.

Bye!!!

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

MRX3010 ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2009 at 12:03 PM

Not to bad at all.!  But wait till you see the SW vehicle line ;)

UPDATE: SW_Nuked is now in BETA and will be released as obj, Poser and Vue, we are tweaking the Freeway a bit more but it should go live in Feb.

Keep an eye open!

MyCat ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2009 at 2:56 PM

My favorite is the Corvette with the rusted out body! I guess they mixed steel in with the fiberglass on that one. :laugh:

kenmo ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2009 at 4:19 PM

Sorry but there NEVER was a steel bodied Corvette... All are fiberglass....

MyCat ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2009 at 9:50 PM

That was my point! I was trying to suggest that one out of half a million Corvettes had some steel mixed in with the fiberglass, and that was the only one that survived the apocalypse.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.