Fri, Oct 4, 2:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Eco-painting problem

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2009 at 1:18 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:24 PM

Lets say I have 1 terrain & 1 tree on this terrain.  Now I go to paint on some grass, I have the terrain selected in browser.  When I paint, the grass is not only on the terrain but in the tree as well!  Is this a bug, or is there a way to avoid this?

Thanks.

FrankT ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2009 at 1:21 PM

have you ticked the "restrict to selected" (or whatever it's called) at the top of the painter panel ?

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Rutra ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2009 at 1:30 PM

Like Frank said, there's that option and there's also the "restrict to underlying object", which is not available for the global ecopainter but it's available for the normal ecosystems' painter (you didn't mention which eco you're talking about). The two options are similar but not the same.

There's another possibility: just put the tree in a layer of its own and hide the layer. This could be useful if you want to see well what you're doing.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2009 at 2:16 PM · edited Mon, 26 January 2009 at 2:21 PM

Thanks will give those a whirl :) FYI - I tried using the painter both ways with the same result.

Edit - by selecting restrict to underlying object did indeed solve the problem :)

mamba-negra ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2009 at 11:46 PM

Can't you use the eco-system's new feature that causes it to avoid other objects (this would not be painting). That way, you could have a small patch that is sparse or even free around the tree....just an idea. I haven't gotten vue 7 yet, but hoping to get it soon:)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2009 at 9:22 AM

I probably could have but I wanted lots of other items, therefore painting all over. In addition it was in the back on another terrain.

Hope you have fun once you get it :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.