Sat, Oct 5, 8:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Vue 7I and Core i7

thlayli2003 ( ) posted Wed, 28 January 2009 at 4:04 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 6:12 AM

Planning to upgrade to V7Inf and need to know if it can take advantage of the i7 hyperthreading system to make 8 cores.  Prices are good and similar to a regular quad-core.  I have searched several forums and have not found a definitive answer yet.  If you have experience with this please let me know. 

Thanks

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Wed, 28 January 2009 at 8:04 PM

Yes it can. It says at the bottom of Vue 7 Infinite. 8 CPU. I am very happy with it. I am using it with Vista 64-bit (Ultimate)

thlayli2003 ( ) posted Wed, 28 January 2009 at 10:32 PM

Great ! Thanks Paula.  Now I can see if there is enough money!! :)

MyCat ( ) posted Wed, 28 January 2009 at 11:14 PM

You need a hyperthreading wallet, it appears to have twice as much money. :biggrin:

I hope to get an i7 or an i5 in about a year.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2009 at 4:12 AM

New tech always costs grossly more than it should, and DDR3 memory is still expensive :/
However, render speeds from i7s are supposed to be VERY fast! :)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

hobepaintball ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 6:16 PM

Yes an i7 is only 25% slower than a DUAL ZEON of the same speed. For heavily threaded applications like Vue7. it's also easier to find a SLI or Crossfire motherboard for an i7 than for a dual zeon system.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.