Mon, Oct 21, 11:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: watching back my 1080p animation - help?!

ruth3d ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 12:59 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 9:49 PM

Hi,

i'm trying to view some shot clips i've done in vue 6. they are 1920x1080 and last for around 10 seconds. Thing is i can't seem to view them on my monitor. they just stick on one frame. is there some magic player that sorts this out? i have a 1080p monitor, and my pc is a dual quad core.

many thanks for any help

ruth

replicand ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 1:05 PM

Quicktime?

Rutra ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 1:12 PM

This is very little information to provide some help. In what format is the video? What player are you using? Do you have windows or mac? Can you see other videos from other sources? If you create in Vue a shorter, smaller resolution video, can you see it well or not?

synergy543 ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 3:17 PM

If your movie is in uncompressed format, then a 1920 x 1080 size file can be a huge burden for your computer or hard drive to playback.  I have an 8-core, NVidia 8800, and fast SATA drives  and it won't even handle that kind of animation file!   You'd need SATA RAID drives at least.

Try compressing it to H.264 with Quicktime, then it should playback fine.

thundering1 ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2009 at 10:55 PM

"If your movie is in uncompressed format, then a 1920 x 1080 size file can be a huge burden for your computer or hard drive to playback."

Yep - the most common version of frozen playback. Just for argument, I'll guess it's a Quicktime Animation codec file - at full raster HD for highest quality - we all want our stuff to look good, right?

Well, it's too much... Your hard drive can read/write 16MB per second at best - you're looking at  file size that is in the 100MB  per second or above range.

Synergy543 is right - render it out as a compressed format.

This can be done in something like Premiere or Final Cut or After Effects (actually, AE would probably be best since it isn't going to try and strain itself by playing back a full speed) - you don't have to re-render through Vue.

If this is just so you can view what was rendered - making sure you got the lighting right, angles, etc. - then make it a smaller frame size. Try 1280x720. It's still HD, nice and clean, but using an even slightly compressed format would allow smoother playback.

Hope this helps-

-Lew ;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.