Sat, Sep 21, 3:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: Problems animating camera - possible bug?

ZaxysDMI ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2009 at 8:41 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:32 PM

Attached Link: Comparison Animations

I am trying to use Poser to create 3D images for lenticular. In order to do this I need to animate the camera so that it pivots in a small arc around a point. I seem to have stumbled on a bug.

I inserted a ball primitive into my scene and made it invisible and set the Main camera to point at it. I then go to the last frame and use the x dolly to move the camera a small distance to the right.

The problem I am running into is that this works fine in preview mode ( the camera rotates around the ball) however when I render using firefly, poser4 or sketch the camera now rotates around some other point in space way back in my scene (possibly the origin point).

I've put two animated gifs on a page at my site. Note how in the hidden line render the ball is stationary  but in the sketch (and firefly and poser4) render it now moves.

Anybody seen this before, have a clue why and maybe some suggestions?

Thx

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2009 at 9:55 AM

Your scene is unbelievably lovely even in wireframe.

I tried reproducing the situation with a few simple props, and
in this simple arrangement I don't see any misalignment
between the render styles. 

How far back is your target ball?  Poser does get weird and unpredictable
when any element is way out there, as in hundreds of Poser Units
from center.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ZaxysDMI ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2009 at 10:12 AM

Thanks.

The target ball is at x=18.5'  z=7' from center, looking from left towards right of universe not front to back as usual due to the way the scene imported.

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2009 at 10:16 AM

Well, that's certainly not out in the "weird part" of the universe.

Another thing I've noticed at times: If the render aspect is different
from the preview aspect, the render perspective can be slightly off
or unpredictable.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ZaxysDMI ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2009 at 10:40 AM

I solved it!

Turns out the camera was pivoting on the focus point, which was set out about 20 feet. Changed the focus point to the same distance as the ball and re-rendered it. Now it pivots on the ball. Good thing I don't use depth of field in my renderings because i'd be stuck with that distance.

Thanks for your help.

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2009 at 5:48 PM

Glad you found the problem, and I hope you'll let us see the finished product!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ZaxysDMI ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2009 at 10:57 PM

I  will post it on the page above after I've had a chance to show it to my client.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2009 at 11:17 AM

fab scene IMVHO - i don't usually see ones this good in poser. 
maybe render it in some rendering app in addition to poser, if desired.

ZaxysDMI ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2009 at 11:40 AM

Thanks, the solution render doesn't have shadows or reflections yet and was only a test. I will post the final render as soon as it's done. Firefly is a great renderer if you know how to set it up, however it is incredibly slow with reflections and refractions in the scene.

It was next to impossible to get the scene to render at first without crashing, because there are so many texture maps used. Had to resize many of the background ones just so it would still render.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.