Sun, Oct 6, 3:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: 419 scam invades Rendo!

orbital ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 12:28 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 3:27 PM

It's my lucky day, just got this IM. Maybe the powers that be would like to ban her, or I could use the money to buy Bryce from DAZ.

Email/ PLEASE CONTACT WITH THE EMAIL : mariha_yahyah1@yahoo.com.

Permit me to inform you of our desire of going into business relationship with you. I am quite aware that my message will come to you as a surprise because it is indeed very strange for someone you have not met before to contact you in this regard.I am able to come across your personal   email  and here is what i want me and you to deliberate on how we can get it out and then can be able to organise our future life.

I am Miss mariha yahyah the only Daughter of late Mr and Mrs yahyah Irfan. My father was a very wealthy Cocoa merchant in Abidjan, the economic capital of Ivory coast, my father was poisoned to death  at France by his business associates on one of their outings on a business trip on 29 June 2007 My mother died when I was a baby and since then my father took me so special.

Before the death of my father in a private hospital here in Abidjan he secretly called me on his bed side and told me that he has the sum of ( Ten Million Five Hundred Thousand united state dollars) USD ($10.500.000.00) left  in fixed / suspense account in one of the prime bank here in Abidjan,that he used my name as his only daughter for the next of Kin in depositing of the fund. He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was poisoned by his business associates. 

That I should seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where I will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose such as real estate or hotel management.Please, I am honourably seeking your assistance in the following ways:(1) To serve as a guardian of this fund since,(2) To provide a bank account into which this money would be transferred to(3) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and also to secure a resident permit in your country.

Moreover,  I promise to offer you 15% of the total amount as compensation for your assistance,and another 3%  to cover any cost of expenses which you will incure in this transaction, while the remaining one   will  be for me which shall be use for investment according to your advice because I will continue my educational carrier as soon as I come over to your country.

Furthermore, Pls indicate your options towards assisting me as I believe that this transaction would be conclude within seven (7) days you signify your interest to assist me. I will like you to forward to me your full contact information so that i will give you more detail and contact of the bank that is holding this money. Your full house address,Your phone / Fax number,Your full name.

Thanks and God bless.

Yours Miss mariha yahyah

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

nazul ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 12:30 PM

ROFL - i'm amazed that they continue :-)

orbital ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 12:34 PM

mariha4u
is the users name that this came from btw.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 12:34 PM · edited Sat, 31 January 2009 at 12:36 PM
Forum Moderator

Admin@renderosity.com is the place for this. I get these all the time. I'm currently about to get or have waiting for transfer something in the region of $5,000,000,000.00 from people like her or them or the european lottery. I usualy send then an e-mail telling them to f***k-off, although it's often fun to lead them on and get them to promise to do anything including sex for your details.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

SndCastie ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 12:37 PM

Newbie did you get this in a PM? if so report it as spam she just joined today

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

AnnieD ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 12:59 PM

I get  these on another site and I always want to answer and ask them what kind of fool do you think I am...or better...what kind of fool are you....lol

But usually I reply and tell them I have forwarded their message to the FBI in Washington DC because they can probably help her more than i can...and then I do forward it.   :biggrin:

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

tom271 ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 1:44 PM

Friendly warning.
Often these people are just fishing to see if they get a bite...  Just answering even for fun can set you up for a nasty surprise...  Your e-mail can be sold to another e-mailer with more fishing lures and junk..  who knows what else....   best way is to play dead...  and report them when possible...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 2:22 PM
Forum Moderator

OK I'm on it. I'll put it in as a complaint and see what we can do about it.

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 2:48 PM

or better yet, contact their ISP, and threaten legal action. Should keep them off the web for...oh..about 5 minutes...but never respond in any way to them personally.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

bikermouse ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 6:19 PM

Oh man, I hate fleeces to pieces !!

AnnieD ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 7:08 PM

I only use throw-away email addresses that can be changed or dumped immediately...
thru my isp i can create emails using "identifiers" in case someone sold or stole the address I can identify which site did it and dump it and change it to a different one or unsubscribe...whichever I want.  It's a little more trouble but well worth the effort.

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

DAM3D ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 11:22 PM

... lol

amazing. I wonder how many people really fall for this kind of stuff?

My Rendo-Space 
Do you know where your towel is?! I love Vogon Poetry. :P
DON'T PANIC!

Portland Pirate Festival Arrrr!

orbital ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2009 at 3:45 AM

According to wikipedia, in 2006 it cost the uk economy £150 million, with the average victim losing £31000.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2009 at 8:13 AM
Forum Moderator

weezerhopw, Read my sig.......

DAM3D ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2009 at 12:15 PM

That is such a shame. :( Makes me angry at the perpetrators. I am still kina amazed that people are smart enough to use email, but not smart enough to think past greed and see through these types of scams.

My Rendo-Space 
Do you know where your towel is?! I love Vogon Poetry. :P
DON'T PANIC!

Portland Pirate Festival Arrrr!

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2009 at 3:06 PM
Forum Moderator

Scammer banned.

tjohn ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 1:24 PM

"Sittin' in la la waitin' for my YahYah, uh huh..."  :^)

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Boofy ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 7:03 PM

I work on a switchboard that gets a lot of these people
"I got this email, it said i won/i inherited/etc etc so i sent the info and my bank account is now empty..........."

at least a couple of doz a day...that have been scammed, and more that want to know if it is real...even if they havnt bought a ticket or know anyone from that little villiage in XXX country.

Sad.

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2009 at 8:18 AM
Forum Moderator

Simple rule...........:

IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY ISN'T !!!

bikermouse ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2009 at 10:20 PM

Exceptions to that rule:

1. BobDylan
  2. Creedence Clearwater Revival
  3. Jim Morrison and the Doors

RobertJ ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2009 at 2:49 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_fraud

http://www.freemaninstitute.com/419.htm
Their advice about 419 scams, don't walk away... RUN!!!

Robert van der Veeke Basugasubasubasu Basugasubakuhaku Gasubakuhakuhaku!! "Better is the enemy of good enough." Dr. Mikoyan of the Mikoyan Gurevich Design Bureau.

airflamesred ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2009 at 5:23 AM

I received one yesterday. Sent to admin. 

EYECON ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2009 at 11:50 PM

Hey guys, a piece of advice, when you get htis kind of spam, DO NOT REPLY to the email, instead place an email to the admins.

Teh reason behind that is:

1. The y would know that your email account is active.
  2. They will continue sending you garbage on a different name
  3. They will send your email to others so that those people send you more garbage
  4. Some emails have auto reply, and will spam you further
  5. Its a WASTE OF YOUR TIME.

Just an advice... you can also block all their emails and that is the best way.

cheers everyone!

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 7:29 PM

Great advice by Eyecon... another piece of advice, dont ever try to go through the process, these things are usually run by organized criminals with intent to steal your identity and money.

Do a bit of research there are quite a few articles about this topic and how dangerous the people who send these things out can be.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.