Tue, Oct 22, 12:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: Pinup. What do you think?

JetM ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 4:54 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 3:48 PM

file_186886.jpg

I don't usually do this, but I wanted to see if I could get some comments on this one. I was going for the typical pinup look from the 40s and 50s. Just got my new graphics tablet, see, and it's sponsored a spurt of creativity! :) Thanks all

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 5:32 PM

Looks good. The left eye looks a little out of position though, but maybe it's just the angle. -Jeff

Bia ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 7:14 PM

hehehe, I kinda like that cross eyed look! :)

black-canary ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 7:21 PM

Very nice! Great pose. I don't like the bracelet--it draws the eye pretty strongly and sort of detracts from the shoes. The left eye definitely needs fixing and now that you've got a wacom, (aren't they da bomb?) you should have no problem smoothing some of those sharp joint bends that are poser's signature. Oh, and one last thing, if you put most of the "bend" in the buttock part instead of in the thigh part, you don't get those ridges in her can--much smoother. Hope that's the kind of input you were looking for! On the plus side, besides the pose and the overall "look," which are very good, the hair, jewelry, and undies are all really nice. And the lucite shoes are fabulous! Mary

JetM ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 7:43 PM

That's exactly the type of stuff I was looking for. Thanks. When you work on an image for awhile, you sometimes lose some details that others will see. Thanks much

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 7:49 PM

Ditto what Jeff said. The eyes don't feel quite right. Also, you might want to smudge the knees a bit in post render, to smoothe out the bends, and the hip... Either you need to REALLY tone down the bend (it looks like the leg is being ripped off of her body), ad a few creases to the skin around it, or (ideally) both - one of the problems with CGI animation is that skin (etc.) doesn't frequently fold realistically, and this image shows that fairly clearly. Maybe a bump map would help?

Larry F ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 8:47 PM

I just love how you've interlaced the fingers. While currently making poses of partner dancing I'm finding just how much attention I have to pay to that part of the process. Those are some hot shoes. And, just an observation, it looks like her rump is a bit angulated, for lack of a better word. Other than that, I love it. Thanks for sharing. Larry F

JetM ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 9:12 PM

Yeah, the hands took awhile. I still see flaws, although a little judicious postwork helps. I guess I do have to do something about the butt/thigh thing. I tried doing most of the bending with the buttock, but that only helped a bit. I'll keep playing. Thanks, guys!

jval ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 9:25 PM

Well, if you want the 40s/50s look she is just a bit too skinny. Many people do not realize that by today's standards Marilyn Monroe was fat. Your girl's body fashion became stylish about 25-30 years later.

BlueRain ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 9:38 PM

Very Nice Work, Airbrush right?

JetM ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 9:56 PM

A fat airbrush for the yellow and a really light one in white on the background. Then ran it through the canvas texture. She's touched up just a bit with KPT Equalizer to sharpen the details and make it look more "drawn". Skinny. Hmm, guess you're right. Good thing V2's got those love handle morphs :)

igohigh ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2001 at 10:21 PM

Sweeeet!

Jim Burton ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 10:35 AM

I also so glad to see you used a "pose", so many of the pinups I see are just straight frontal views of a standing position or a straight side view of the same, with maybe a little knee bend at most.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.