Wed, Sep 18, 7:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Beginner at Poser seeking an answer

Jasonh04 ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 4:41 PM · edited Wed, 11 September 2024 at 11:30 PM

I hate to ask this because its terribly newbish, but I have just recently got poser 7 pro, and I also go the free Michael 4 from daz3d's website. Now i installed the two apps that it had, one was him and the other was the rest of the componets. But when I'm in Poser I can't figure out how to get him to pull up, because all I ahve to work with is Simon. I know that I need the morphs for him to work, but do i need the ones form the dazed website for 20 some dolalrs or can the the other morphs I found "Like the centuar ones" work. If anyone know the answer to these questions please feel free to send me IM on yahoo to Bicora_the_wolf. I'm so sorry ot both you guys once agian with a Newbish question.

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 5:07 PM · edited Thu, 05 February 2009 at 5:10 PM

Welcome to the Club!

Assuming you installed Mike to your Poser runtime, he should be under Figures in the library palette in a folder called DAZ People.  If that folder isn't visible, click on the up-folder button until the only folder is Poser 7(EDIT: oops-you have Poser Pro-I'm not sure what Poser Pro's top level is called-I suppose 'Poser Pro' would be a good bet!), then click on that folder and the needed  folder should be there. 

You probably will want the morphs eventually, but play around with the figures and learn how the program works before you go buying a lot of stuff, and you will be a more knowledgable consumer.

BTW DAZ has a free figure pack at Download.com with two male and two female figures-search on DAZ.  Also be sure to get the Bridge Starter pack for free at DAZ. 

Cheers,

Rod

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 5:34 PM

This is your first question and it will definitely not be your last.  Welcome.  Michael 4 Base does not come with all the morphing bells and whistles, you have to purchase that separately.  All morphs included in many packages need the Morph++ to work. 

Now if you want M4 to always pop up when you start PoserPro (without the 7), open your software, select and delete Symon, and load M4.  Go to Edit>General Preferences.  Under the document tab, you will see Launch Behavior; select 'Launch to preferred state' and click 'Set Preferred State'.  Click OK in the panel and now every time you open PoserPro, your M4 will show up instead of Symon.  You can do this with any model in your library. 

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 5:41 PM · edited Thu, 05 February 2009 at 5:41 PM

I haven't got anything to add other than to welcome you to Poser! And to Renderosity! Those two in combination is a great way to make sure all your questions WILL be answered ^_^

And don't be afraid to ask "stupid" questions. Remember: the only STUPID question is the one you didn't ask!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 6:18 PM

if i remember right, M4 has an initialization program...did you do that?
Also, when you install M4, the installer asks where you want to install to. Did you point it to the correct directory for YOUR Poser installation?

and welcome to the land of Poser. Its fun :)

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

DarkEdge ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 6:25 PM

Woot!
Welcome and most of all...have fun! 😉

Comitted to excellence through art.

Jasonh04 ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 7:47 AM

Thank you guys for all your help. my old friend sent me the moprhs for him as a gift. So now everything works, but we had hit a big snag to the point were we spent 3-4+ hours trying to fix it Via remote assistance. ^_^ but now we got it fixed.  um...for my next questions....are items on here that say like poser 4.5.6 compatable...can they be used t poser pro 7 or dose it have to to say PP7

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 7:52 AM

All content created for previous versions are all compatible with the current PoserPro and Poser 7.  Many vendors will include files necessary for those content to work properly with earlier versions.

Jasonh04 ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 7:54 AM

hands Hborre a cookie out of gratitude Thank you my friend ^_^

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.