Sun, Sep 22, 6:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:30 pm)

Subject: Help Looking for MoCap and motion for Poser/DAZ figures...

farsunset ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 2:48 AM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 7:54 AM

Hi:
I'm new to Poser and I have been looking for a source for realistic motion capture
files and sequences for the figures in Poser and for DAZ. Any ideas? 

alphauser51 ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 2:58 AM

The best site I have seen is Eclipse Studios at www.es3d.com.
They have a couple of dozen sets of realistic mocap for DAZ and Poser people and animals
at low prices.They also have free samples. They are the best I have seen.

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 4:50 AM

Hi Click the Banner  under my post and watch the videos
Very affordable prices for males& females.

My website

YouTube Channel

3Dave ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 8:48 AM

Search for CMU  (Carnegie Melon University) massive free archive, on www.sharecg.com

www.posermocap.com has some nice freebies too.

Also Mr. Bones has reworked his bvh files for sale from www.truebones.com for poser use, a few free samples there too

Morkonan ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 10:05 AM

Quote - Search for CMU  (Carnegie Melon University) massive free archive, on www.sharecg.com...

Quoted and bolded for "truth."

There are hundreds of bvh files there... maybe thousands?  I dunno, I haven't d'loaded them.  But, it's probably multiple gigs worth of absolutely free bvh files.  I'm trying to make room for them myself. :)

Kenmac ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 2:05 PM

Another website I'd recommend would be http://www.mocapdata.com/  Loads of free motions files there, not just BVH, as well as some you can purchase.

shareone ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 2:45 PM

Daz's plugin aniMate is good too.
You can see samples in youtube. This is an animation I made in Poser using aniMate:
http://rapidshare.com/files/194831332/Dont_mess_with_Maddie_2.avi.html

cmcc ( ) posted Sat, 14 March 2009 at 10:45 PM

Attached Link: http://artcomp1.tripod.com

the thing i like about the cmu files is you can see animations that show u what animations look like and it's a huge resource. plus it gives u resources that with feeware u can use to create your own bvh files from their captured animation. anything u make this way will need a lot of  tweeking inside poser before it is usable. philc's bvh helper is useful but much can be done with poser animation tools especially the graph editor. when ur finished not only do u own the animation but the bvh file as well after u export it out from poser. a lot of people have already done this. someone on sharecg i think has made most of the mcu bvhs and gives them away on sharecg.

Computer Art by Charles McChesney

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.