Wed, Sep 18, 5:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 3:56 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Google 'malware' reporting ????

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2009 at 5:42 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 6:45 AM

file_423149.jpg

Question for anyone who has their own website ..... A friend alterted me today to a warning on Google that my website 'may harm your computer'

I've done some searching and found a report that states :

What is the current listing status for digitaldesktops.biz?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

*Of the 52 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 27 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-01-30, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-01-30.*Malicious software includes 51 adware(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 0 new processes on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 5 domain(s), including computerantivirusscanner.com/, bestantispywareonlinescan.com/, bestantispywarescanner.com/.

4 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including themicrosoftonline.net/, gonesurfing.cn/, trustedwebservers.cn/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS21844 (THEPLANET).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, digitaldesktops.biz did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

*In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

*I only have zip files of my wallpapers for download.  Only links go to here, Daz, 3DC and E-on/Cornucopia so I have no idea what they think is happening there. 

I have 2 other domains, one with pretty much the same content and links but no bad reports on those.

Anyone else getting this with their sites ????

Gill

FrankT ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2009 at 6:06 PM

I did hear that google was doing the same thing on every website - dunno if it's still the case, I rarely use it :)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2009 at 8:00 PM

I don't have anything like that on my site listing under google. So I don't know what the deal is.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 12:00 AM · edited Mon, 02 February 2009 at 12:01 AM

file_423159.jpg

the above message is what I got when I tried to visit the site.  my browser wouldn't even let me go to it! :crying: I didn't set anything to block the site, and I never saw the link to the site before today.

lundqvist ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 3:14 AM

Attached Link: The Register on Google

Dunno if it's related or not, but... 

giorgio_2004 ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 4:57 AM

Yes, it was related.

Just an human error while updating the list of potential malicious sites: they have included "everything which includes the / character in the URL"... that is the whole web. They needed to rollback the changes and the process took about 40 minutes.

Just a little example of our Google-dependancy.

Giorgio

giorgio_2004 here, ksabers on XBox Live, PSN  and everywhere else.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 5:09 AM

Glad it was human error and not Google running amuck! :lol:

gillbrooks ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 8:00 AM

PHEW!   The warning has gone when I checked this morning so it must have been that 'human error' thing that caused it.

Nancy, I don't know why you got that error at all.  I know there's nothing sinister there, unless my 'Rosity linkshare has gone bad :lol:

Gill

3Dillusions ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 8:39 PM

No it was Google, they put in extra code and stuffed up half their links in the search engines, not your site its fine.  Everyone should get MacAfee Site advisor for there browser of choice there are thousand of people worldwide I am one of them that report bogus, phishing and spam website these are re checked by Google and then they place a little icon next to the actual web link the Google Search and it tells you its either safe or not.

to get further info on the site you click on MacAfee Site advisor it takes you to their page for the link and it will show you why this place is dangerous or why not to leave an email address for them.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/

Thats the link nobody should be without this its just an extra way to protect yourself online.

Check out what it does and the screen shots on how to use it, its really simple and free and keeps the internet free and safe for us all, you will notice the new links and icons for the sites appear on Google Search after you install the advisor

Angela

gillbrooks ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 4:16 AM

Thanks for the info - I'll take a look 😄

Gill

ThunderStone ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 4:49 AM

If you have Firefox, you should think about getting a WOT Add-on... It does the same thing as McAfee  site advisor.

3Dillusions ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 5:31 AM

Quote - If you have Firefox, you should think about getting a WOT Add-on... It does the same thing as McAfee  site advisor.

Thanks I use Firefox will check that one out too :)

Angela

Kendra ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 1:50 PM

I had that happen once.  The only thing I had changed about my site was to add a Zazzle.com thing that scrolled through my products there.  I asked google for reconsideration and removed it and they took the warning off.    I've been tempted to put it back up though since it got me a few sales over the holiday from myspace.  :) 

...... Kendra

gillbrooks ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 4:29 PM

That's odd - I have a zazzle panel on my other site but no warnings whatsoever on that !

It's like a lottery :lol:

Gill

3Dillusions ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 5:03 PM

me too very odd

romanceworks ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 12:55 AM

I had the same warning put on my site as well, over Xmas. It took 3 weeks to get it removed, and only when I took everything off the server and put it back on.  I did find a couple of older files that had some strange coding inserted in them, from Russia, that I did not put there. I located these files and removed them but it still took weeks to clear it up. Very upsetting and lost a lot of business while it was going on.  I think the files somehow got infected on my server, though the company would never admit it. I  have since switched my web hosting companies, as I could get no assistance from Globat whatsoever. I asked them to send the log files during that time so my tech rep could see what went on, and Globat sent me files before and after, but not those.  All in all it was a major hassle and I think Google is far too quick to slap that message on people's sites and far too slow to remove them.
Strange thing is, the warning message only appeared on the latest version of Firefox.
On Safari and older Firefox versions it didn't show up.
It is all cleared up but it made me very cautious of what I put on my server/site now.
Carol

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.