Thu, Sep 19, 3:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Question from a dummy-Bryce6-1

Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 1:53 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:27 PM

I'm having trouble moving terrains into the image. I use the arrows, but the terrain moves up and down and sideways, but not back. If I use the track ball, it just tilts the landscape. I know it's me, what am I doing wrong?

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 2:21 PM · edited Mon, 09 February 2009 at 2:22 PM

file_423867.jpg

The track ball and the arrows on that side of the screen are for moving the camera (view port) around.

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

SndCastie ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 2:29 PM

Those will move it right back,left back,right forward, left forward, up and down. You can use them just bring it to where you want it . I usally go to top camera and move it back manually.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

DAM3D ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 5:17 PM · edited Mon, 09 February 2009 at 5:20 PM

Another thing that might help is to open up Bryce, go to Edit (top lefthand corner, you have to put your mouse all the way up to the top edge of your screen to make it appear) From edit select preferences, and then put a DOT where it says "Create object within View" That way whenever you add an object to a scene it will be in view so you can see it/move it around.

My Rendo-Space 
Do you know where your towel is?! I love Vogon Poetry. :P
DON'T PANIC!

Portland Pirate Festival Arrrr!

DAM3D ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 5:19 PM

Switching to camera view will help as well, click the director's chair.

My Rendo-Space 
DON'T PANIC!

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 5:31 PM

So that I always start out in the same position when I first start a project I have saved a default camera position of X=0, y= 30.72, z= -90 and saved as “Default.Br5” (I’m using Bryce 5.1) in the same directory as my executable. When Bryce first initiates it looks for this preference file and sets up accordingly. When you view this setup from the top viewport you will immediately see that the camera is set in the front center of the view grid. This way when I move my objects using the edit tools they will move in the desired direction in the camera viewport without any confussion.

Philywebrider ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 7:12 PM

file_423887.jpg

I managed to move the terrain, thanks to your info, but when I rendered  the picture, the textures don't look right. See attach. What went wrong?

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 8:45 PM

First law of Bryce is scale everything big...really very big! Then place them in your POV. This helps with the haze factor and gives a sense of depth. Secondly, always edit your textures in the DTE so that the colors are a wee darker than offered. In other words, tweak your textures to fit the situation and lighting. You may have to increase/decrease a texture's frequency in order to achieve a desired look and this may change on your sky layout and lighting. Also, it helps to turn off the Sun link in your image.

DAM3D ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 11:09 PM

Remember it's art :)

You may not think it's perfect, I hardly ever think any of my stuff is perfect. But I enjoy it.

I think the texture looks awesome, it looks way better than my first render :)

My Rendo-Space 
DON'T PANIC!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.