Sat, Sep 21, 6:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: rendering resolution?

Kurka ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 8:51 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:03 PM

I'm using Vue2 given away by Computer Arts. I've updated to V 2.6. How do I specify a rendering resolution. All of the options seem to relate to screen size. How would I go about rendering a scene printable resolution, say 8 x 10 at 300 dpi? Basically, I want to render an image at high resolution.-Thanks.-Fernando

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 9:07 AM

To do this, render in jpg user setting, 2400 X 3000 which means, 8X10 times 300 dpi...

Kurka ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 1:06 PM

I think that the program that was given away doesn't allow me to specify other values, except screen resolutions. The other options are always greyed out. If I specify "user defined" they are still greyed out.

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 3:53 PM

Select "print to screen" on the left hand side and it will give you all the other options... Then check save file, and select file format... It won't print to screen, it will print to the file, but it will allow you to designate your resolution...

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 4:08 PM

...or just buy Vue 4. There you can render until 300 dpi :-) Guitta

Kurka ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 4:15 PM

Thanks, guys. I'll try that. I do intend to buy Vue 4. But before I do, I need to be certain that I can output at large resolutions, since I'm mostly concerned with a printed final output.

Kurka ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 4:25 PM

Thanks, Trativoro. It worked.

tradivoro ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 11:32 AM

Well, I'm happy it worked... You can get a lot of good work out of Vue 2, if you work it...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.