Sat, Oct 5, 5:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: jedi robes

shadowrelm ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2009 at 8:00 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 5:23 AM

I am looking for a set of jedi robes for both m4 and v4. anyone know where I can find them?

Daidalos ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2009 at 9:33 PM · edited Sat, 14 February 2009 at 9:34 PM

You might be able to convert the valiant set for M4 into some of the type worn by Anakin or Obi-wan in the Clone Wars series. Other than that sorry I'm all out of suggestions. Don't own, won't own M4 at least not for some time to come that is. :lol:

"The Blood is the life!"

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2009 at 10:25 PM

If you are looking for the hooded cloak, then there is none for any figure. :sad:

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 4:16 PM

Actually there's a Grim Reaper set for ..er.. was it M3 or the M3 skeleton? I know I've used it ON a M3 figure at least. That one might work with a recolouration.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Daidalos ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 7:35 PM

That was for M3 skeleton I think trekkie, there's also a hood for the M3 wizard robes it was offered as a freebie over at DAZ don't know where to find it at anymore.

xantor, isn't there a hooded cloak for M3/V4/D3?

Shadowrelm you might also try this store: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?Start=31&vendor=92372

It's not for M4, but you might be able to use or convert it for use with M4, Pappy's Brother Floyd set.

Hope this helps. If you do find something please let us know I'd be interested in seeing an M4 Jedi.

Even if it's not a sith.

"The Blood is the life!"

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 7:42 PM

It is not really a hooded cloak, it is a hooded robe like a monk would wear.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 3:44 AM

I found a pic I made with M3 and the Reaper robe. Since it's several years ago, I can't remember if I did anything special to make it fit. But it fits at least. Pic is here: [http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1052943

](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1052943)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 11:36 AM

The problem with the reaper robe is that it is closed at the front, but it is the closest to a jedi robe available at present.

nyguy ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 11:52 AM

I have a list of all known Star Wars Freebies for poser. I hope this helps your search

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 12:52 PM

You can get the jedi clothing under the actual robe at the link, but it is for m1 and m2.

http://gail.rucus.net/index2.html

You could use wardrobe wizard or crossdresser to convert them to other figures.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 3:43 PM

So a Jedi robe shouldn't be closed at the front? (sorry.. I've seen Star Wars..  years ago.. so I dont remember the details)

Hm. Back to the drawing board then I guess. I am almost done with a dynamic hooded robe for M4. But that, too, is closed at the front :(

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 6:14 PM · edited Tue, 17 February 2009 at 6:15 PM

file_424422.jpg

No it is never closed at the front.

This is one I made today, for michael 3, it is not quite right.

I made stretch resistance 200 and fold resistance 0, the fold resistance at zero seemed to just make the sleeves look frilly.

nyguy ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2009 at 10:05 AM

Quote -  So a Jedi robe shouldn't be closed at the front? (sorry.. I've seen Star Wars..  years ago.. so I dont remember the details)

Hm. Back to the drawing board then I guess. I am almost done with a dynamic hooded robe for M4. But that, too, is closed at the front :(

What you remember is possible Obi Wan in Star Wars EP IV (A new Hope) when he is first seen scaring away the Tuskin Raiders (AKA Sand People) from Luke. Normally the Robes are opened for easy access to the weapon of choice. The other reason why opened is for easy discarding if have to battle using the light saber. Not all Jedi wear the robes some find them restricting due to species.  A good reference can be found here

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2009 at 11:58 AM

I just noticed that the hood in the pictures at the link is actually much bigger than I made it, and I think that I need to make my robe with more polygons, so it doesn`t have the shearing(?).

nyguy ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2009 at 12:14 PM

I would recommend making it so the front of the hood could partially cover the eyes, sort of like the Emperor's hood does.

Daidalos ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2009 at 11:34 PM · edited Wed, 18 February 2009 at 11:36 PM

Xantor thats a really good first start/wip I think. If you ever release it for M3 please let me know I'd be very interested in a robe like that wether for free or for purchase. Also, once you finish it, can I have a texture template for it? I'd love to create some textures for it.

Nyguy a Robe like the emperor wears would be awesome wouldn't it?

I've had a Palpatine character I made using M3 and some morph packs I bought over at DAZ saved in my runtime forever, never used him though because I couldn't find any robe or clothing for em.

"The Blood is the life!"

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2009 at 12:18 AM · edited Thu, 19 February 2009 at 12:19 AM

The emperors hooded cloak is the same as the good jedi knight cloaks so one robe should work for all (as long as I can model it properly).

Daidalos ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2009 at 2:23 AM

xantor I might be able to help you if you need it. If you'd like some help/assistance let me know via sitemail.

"The Blood is the life!"

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2009 at 3:12 AM

Daidalos, I have sent you a sitemail.

raven ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2009 at 12:00 PM

file_424605.jpg

This is M3 but I used the wizard's robe from DAZ for it. The hood is a PC members only freebie add-on for the wizrad's robes. Not helpful for M4 but there is a V4 wizard's robe available. It also doesn't have a hood as standard either though.

Jedi_Padawan ( ) posted Sat, 01 August 2009 at 9:14 PM · edited Sat, 01 August 2009 at 9:16 PM

What has happened to this thread? Any news? I'm totally curious and I second that wish regarding a Jedi tunic for M4.... not just the robe ;o)

@Raven: Is this hood for the wizard robe still available somewhere?

Take care,

~Sassy~

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Sun, 02 August 2009 at 1:30 PM

file_435905.jpg

best i could do with daz kung fu outfit and some poser world clothes.

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Sun, 02 August 2009 at 1:32 PM

file_435906.jpg

And I had to play around alot with the clothes to get this far, be nice if someone would just make a decent jedi knight robe.

Jedi_Padawan ( ) posted Sun, 02 August 2009 at 2:15 PM

Tucan-Tiki, how have you done the tabards for the tunic? I know the Kung-Fu robe from Daz, but I can't remember the tabards.
Regarding the robe, I think the wizard robe is a decent altenative, if one has the hood........

~Sassy~

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2010 at 6:45 PM · edited Mon, 15 November 2010 at 6:46 PM

The clothes were mostly poser world clothes that I made transmaps for to hide certain parts of them, think i used the priest cinture and the kungfu daz outfit for mike 2

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2010 at 6:48 PM

file_461677.jpg

oh and thats not mike 2's head, its james.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.