Sun, Sep 15, 11:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: shadow problem?

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2009 at 1:34 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 6:20 AM

file_424678.jpg

Vue 6 Studio ... I started using Vue today again and was just messing with the plant editor, etc...rendered this in ULTRA ... but check how the shadows are going in different directions. The only light is the sunlight. What's up with that?

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

sittingblue ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2009 at 2:15 PM

It's probably has something to do with the camera's focal setting.

Charles

chudo121 ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2009 at 2:25 PM

Definately looks like a focal issue. Try something like 70mm

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science...

Cherryman ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2009 at 4:16 AM

Could it be youre sunligt position is straight in te middle from youre camera view? (behind the clouds?)

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2009 at 9:51 AM · edited Sun, 22 February 2009 at 9:52 AM

file_424733.JPG

well, maybe its natural ? I wa slooking at this guy's gallery, and copied a pic I found there, and the shadows rotate much as my Vue render up above. That's a pretty interesting thing, actually. I will have to be more observant when I go out this morning.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2009 at 8:58 PM

I move the Sun farther away.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

hein ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2009 at 10:55 PM

Just gave it a try, with the sun at 10 Million miles the effect is still there,  at that distance you'll have to raise the sun a to about 200-300 miles to get any shadow at all and ofcourse it will be a lot colder :)

chippwalters ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2009 at 1:22 AM · edited Mon, 23 February 2009 at 1:25 AM

The sun is a directional light and should not be affected by distance from the camera. That said, there appears to be some sort of distance applied to the vector or else the effect shown would not exist. I suspect Vue has a built in 'distance to sun'.

Interesting phenomena.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2009 at 1:57 AM · edited Mon, 23 February 2009 at 2:02 AM

Also, there is a difference made whether the sun is pointing at the camera or pointing at the rendered subject.  I'm not a big fan of the sun working as a stage light.  But Vue is all about subjective imagery and graphic trickery.  If you were to upload that image to the gallery, you would get quite a lot of "Excellent render!!!" and "Great lighting and point of view!!!" comments.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.