Wed, Oct 2, 11:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: OT: Funny food - my bento # 500!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2009 at 2:28 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 11:27 PM

OK This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Poser (only by a longshot... I have made a bento box model L) but today I reached my Bento # 500 after almost two years of dutifully supplying my kid with relatively healthy and pretty looking food every day.

So I just wanted to show you all my 500th one:

Bento # 500

Contents: Spicy chicken fillet, orange bell pepper fishies, green asparagus, cherry tomato, sausage "flowers" and two onigiri with shrimp salad filling, adorned with ham and nori. "500" made with ham and cucumber peel.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

geep ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2009 at 2:31 PM · edited Mon, 23 February 2009 at 2:32 PM

Cool, can you model it in Poser?
(there, now it has something to do with Poser, ha ha)

Um, looks yummy .......... me want some. ... ;=]

Absolutely .... Bootiful. 👍
Thanks 4 sharing. 😄

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Anthanasius ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2009 at 3:21 PM

Ca se mange ?

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

Winterclaw ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2009 at 3:30 PM

No octopus mini-weiners?

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2009 at 3:51 PM

Geep - I've already made a poser-bento. Not quite like this, but.. yeahj I guess I could make something similar L

Anthanasius - Oui. c'est la déjeuner de ma fille
(gawd it's aeons since I had french in school. Apologies for what's probably a mess...)

Winterclaw ^_ ^ - not this time. I've made octodogs lots of times, actually the sausage flowers in this one is made the same way, they're just turned over ;)

This one has the prettiest octodogs I've ever made IMO  (# 246)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

geep ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2009 at 4:12 PM

:scared: STOP !!!

You're makin' me hongry ! 😄

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

momodot ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2009 at 6:24 PM

Wow! Good mommy :)

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2009 at 6:34 PM

Man! Those are some complicated school lunches that's for sure! Are you sure your kids are worth it? 😉

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2009 at 6:48 PM · edited Mon, 23 February 2009 at 6:50 PM

Momodot: Well.. I started it.. Didn't realise she would never ever eat a normal sandwich lunch again LOL

MW (or whatever).. yeah she's worth it. The second one here is actually one of the few I've made for myself. And I'm DEFINITELY worth it ;)

But they're not all elaborate like that here's an example of one that took around 10-15 minutes.. and still looks cute:

*store-bought potato salad with a cucumber-peel froggie, a few stir-fried vegetables and skewered meatballs.

I buy the meatballs readymade in large packs, skewer the lot and freeze them. That way I can take up some finished cute skewers - and they're thawed at lunchtime (also because I make the bentos in the evening, but even if they were made in the morning they would have thawed by lunchtime, and acted like a mini icepack in the meantime ^_^

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2009 at 7:20 PM

Hahahaha ... Hello Kitty sticky rice and a Keroin made of ... something green. These are the greatest! 

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2009 at 8:54 PM

LOL - the "something green" is cucumber peel.

And I actually never thought of the frog as a Keroppi - but I guess it could very well be ^_ ^ It's akinda accidental that there's Sanrio kyarabens in the last two.. it's just because they're pretty. but then, Hello Kitty is always cute ;) (Bento # 84, so it's quite a while ago)

hmatienzo ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2009 at 10:14 PM

thinks of her dry roll and sobs

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2009 at 10:52 PM

That's some great stuff there, TrekkieGrrrl!! :D

I love bentou!!!  wink. ;)  None of my local sushi restaurants come close to that creativity!

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Winterclaw ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2009 at 11:07 PM

Those octodogs were cute.  The hello kitty rice cake was a nice addition as well.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

3Dave ( ) posted Tue, 24 February 2009 at 5:34 AM

I'm really glad my kids don't read this forum, making sandwiches without sliced finger is as much as I can manage early in the morning.

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 24 February 2009 at 5:52 AM

Pity that none of these boxed lunches are Kosher, what with the shrimps and the pork and all.  Nice design and color contrast though!
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Winterclaw ( ) posted Tue, 24 February 2009 at 11:58 AM

DP, I think they make some hotdogs out of beef and turkey so you might be able to find some little ones made the same way.

WARK!

geep ( ) posted Tue, 24 February 2009 at 12:05 PM · edited Tue, 24 February 2009 at 12:06 PM

Hey Treks ... what do the symbols on the table mat (under the bentos) mean (say)? :blink:

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Tue, 24 February 2009 at 12:06 PM

Still, one o' those is gonna mighty hard on the rabbi who has to say Yay or Nay on it. 😄

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 24 February 2009 at 2:51 PM

Geep: I havne't got a clue. I'm just using that cloth because it's pretty LOL

Kosher bento? I've seen them done, there's one in the Bento community that makes them. And there are many vegetarian and vegan ones, too. So it would absolutely be possible. The one I've made tonight (which sis very boring to look at and so I'm not posting it) just has rice, leftover chicken and some broccoli. No shrimps or pork in that one ^_^

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 24 February 2009 at 3:21 PM

Attached Link: Shawarma

Well, anyway, my wife being of Syrian Jewish decent, we don't go into far eastern foods.  Our cuisine is more based on Middle Eastern, Turkish, and Mediterranean dishes, such as Stuffed Squash, Stuffed Vine Leaves, Stuffed Ribs (either Beef or Lamb), Felafel and Shawarma.  Beans and Rice, Lentils and Rice, and Lentil Soup also figure highly in our diet. DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 24 February 2009 at 7:53 PM

Whoever said you could only put japanese things in a bento? "Bento" means "packed lunch" - so YOU decide what to put in it.

I've frequently packed both falafel and shawarma. No problem there ;)

In the end it's just a fancy lunchbox, remember? Not any geo-social statement.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.