Tue, Oct 22, 10:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 10:16 am)

Subject: Joint not bending as suggested

Nebula ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 3:50 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:26 AM

Hi, Not sure how to ask this question. I'm sure the answer is out there already but I just didn't know how to search for this. Sorry for any repetition. Using Victoria 2 and Poser 4.0.3. Have Right Foot selected. I want to bend the foot down so I can use high heels. When I adjust the BEND wheel, the foot instead twists side to side. The SIDE-SIDE wheel also twists the foot side to side. I am not able to bend the foot forward up and down. This is true for the Left Foot as well. Is there a problem here or am I just experiencing brain fade? Thanks for everyones input in advance! This is definatly an awesome site! Nebula

guslaw ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 4:13 PM

It sounds like you need to turn Inverse Kinetics off. I'm at work and don't have access to Poser and I'm also brain-dead at the moment, (remember, I'm at work..) but go to the menu bar at the top and find Inverse Kinetics in one of the drop-down menu items, then un-check the left and right leg. This should solve your problem...( and don't forget, I'm still brain-dead, at least 'til I get home...) Walter

Nebula ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 4:36 PM

Walter, Maybe that's my problem too. I'm at work as well. LOL Either way, turning off the IK fixed it. I truly appricate it my friend. Take care! Nebula

Eowyn ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 1:28 AM

It took me 8 months or so to realise why I couldn't pose the legs like I wanted to... So what I'm wondering is... why the heck are the IK's on by default????? :-)

PheonixRising ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 5:46 AM

There is a default file that tells poser how to start up and what figures and lights to use. Editing the file can stop the IK chains from being on, but I forget where the file is. Also the cr2 has lines that say: IK Chain on I'de have to really look at it to remember all of it but that is why.

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.