Wed, Sep 25, 3:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Two Newbie Bryce Questions

Marigold ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2001 at 11:18 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 3:27 AM

Hi all. I've been working with Bryce for about two weeks now, and I've finally given myself the rank of "novice". :) As a novice, I was wondering how to create a visible sun or moon. Everytime I press the sphere button and put it in the upper left or right of the screen, the sphere flattens out and looks really unattractive. Same question for cubes and stretched cubes. Secondly, I was hoping that someone could tell me where to get some 3D tree models that I could import to Bryce. I tried a site www.liteluvr... that I found in the free area here, but the tree page was a dead link. I'd love to put a palm tree in one of my renderings. Thanks again!

will3ivxdude ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 1:05 AM

Hello Maria, I had your problems until I realized putitng the sun trackball in certain positions would do so. If you are on a Mac a cool trick is to hold down ctrl, option, shift and double click the sun trackball, then hold the same keys down and click somewhere in the scene. It will place the sun in that place! For models, anything in .3ds or .dxf will work, so mostly any models site will work. Checkout 3D cafe.com. Or, if you are on a mac, get meshwork at download.com and make your own models pertty easily. =)

ringbearer ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 6:05 AM

Attached Link: http://liteluvr.critical-depth.net/

Here's the link to liteluvr's site.

There are a lot of things worse than dying, being afraid all the time would be one.

My Gallery

miden1138 ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 8:29 AM

For a lot of plants, try 3Dplants.com. He has a lot over there. And that lil' easter egg for placing the sun exactly where you want it is a lifesaver! ;-)

Marigold ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 8:48 AM

No kidding! 3Dplants.com looks great, I may just buy the CD with the trees on it to use until I can get the time to learn more about drawing these on my own. I'm still trying to pick up the basics of Flash ActionScript and cartooning, so that takes up most of my time at the moment. Thanks again to will3ivxdude for the tip. I use a PC, but pressing control while moving the objects seems to work well when trying to keep spheres and cubes in perspective. I had been creating seperate renders, then making new spheres in the middle of the world and cutting/pasting them in PhotoDraw... not a whole lot of fun if you can avoid it. :)

TomDowd ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 9:16 AM

Marigold, if you are using Bryce 4 open the Sky/Fog Lab (open the Sky/Fog Palette and click on the little cute cloud...) Then click on Sun and Moon to bring up those controls. In the lower right hand corner is a numerical control for setting the Azimuth and Altitude of the sun sphere in your shot. Azimuth is where on the horizon (angle) it is and Altidude is how high above the horizon (angle again). You can also use the track ball, but I use the numbers. Easier to control changes (to me at least). You can also control the size of the sun and the apparent size of the solar disk on the horizon on that screen too... Tom D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.