Tue, Oct 22, 10:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 10:35 am)

Subject: Invisible clothing and hair

Nebula ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 8:16 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:24 AM

Hi, Just curious why it is that some items when placed on a model are nearly invisible and others aren't. I bought the Vicky Cocktail dresses and Nightlife shoes from DAZ3D. The shoes show up just fine. The dresses are nearly invisible except for the tiny dots that make up its outline. This is also true with Total Hair. Once they are rendered, they look great and my hats off to those who made these items. Wonderful job! But just wanted to know why they are invisible and whether or not they can be made to show? Kinda difficult for me to set them up as they are and with my system, render times can become a bit long. Thanks! Nebula

3-DArena ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 8:34 AM

They have transparency maps on them. This allows certain areas to be transparant while adding depth to the textures especially hair!).

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

ronstuff ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 9:08 AM

Yes, its the transparancy in the Render / Materials settings - the small dots indicate the degree of transparancy as set on the two sliders (minimum and maximum) - If you set both sliders to zero (for all materials in the object) - you will be able to see the object in the preview window (but without the effect of trnasparancy).

yggdrasil ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 12:01 PM

Or you can select the piece of clothing/hair that is showing as transparent and then go to the Display menu and select "figure style -> cartoon" for an entire clothing figure or conforming hair or "element style -> cartoon" for a hair prop or just part of a clothing item etc. All the transparencies and textures will still be there when you render, but the object will look solid while you're trying to pose it. - Mark

Mark

doozy ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2001 at 5:03 PM

When you render, the dots go away and the intended result (with transparency) can be seen. This confused me the first time, too.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.