Thu, Sep 19, 10:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Critique/advise on picture...pls

babuci ( ) posted Wed, 04 March 2009 at 3:52 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:53 PM

file_425442.jpg

Hello everybody!

I need your oppinion/critique. I like to know which picture is better, if you don't like it why not? 

Picture 1: Pine branch on a background paper bought from craft shop, those wrigtings are originaly on a paper. Faint dodge/burn, nothing more.

Picture2: Used a same picture and applied a rock texture on multiply about 30%, moderate dodge/burn and add a orange filter about 20%.

Any input, advise, greatly appreciated, thax.

seeya  Tunde

babuci ( ) posted Wed, 04 March 2009 at 3:53 PM

file_425443.jpg

here is a second...tha

awjay ( ) posted Wed, 04 March 2009 at 3:57 PM

i like the second one as there is more contrast in the colors...

in the first the background is a similar color to the plant..

arthur :)

whaleman ( ) posted Wed, 04 March 2009 at 4:24 PM

I like the first one better because the writing shows up a bit clearer. The many shadows bother me a bit on both images. Perhaps you could use additional lighting, or possibly strong backlighting if the paper is thin enough. Some of the detail in the branch gets lost in the shadows (not that I'm a critic, I don't even know how to do a dodge or burn).

::-)

girsempa ( ) posted Wed, 04 March 2009 at 4:42 PM

The first image looks cleaner and more pure, and more steadily focused on the subject; I would always choose that one. The composition is fine; I'd prefer that the little branch didn't go out of the frame at the bottom though...

We do not see things as they are. ǝɹɐ ǝʍ sɐ sƃuıɥʇ ǝǝs ǝʍ

PD154 ( ) posted Wed, 04 March 2009 at 4:56 PM

I'm with the second shot Tunde, the green is more natural and the image pops better, but I agree with the small branch being cropped off, all in all though, a pretty picture.

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

Liam. ( ) posted Wed, 04 March 2009 at 5:57 PM

I like the first one for its classic clarity. Very stylish.

Liam

Meowgli ( ) posted Wed, 04 March 2009 at 8:59 PM

second one for me Tunde, warmer colours more pleasing to the eye and more interesting textures

Adam Edwards Photography

babuci ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2009 at 12:31 AM

3 v. 3 sofar...still waiting to make a decision which method /style I will use.

seeyus and thx for the input...Tunde

helanker ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2009 at 4:01 AM

I think I like the first one, because too much contrast on the background will disturb the details on the branch and its shades too.

Mousson ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2009 at 8:47 AM

a second...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.