Mon, Sep 9, 6:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Problem with walk designer

papillon68 ( ) posted Wed, 11 March 2009 at 1:57 PM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 1:36 PM

file_425921.jpg

Hi, I'm very new to Poser, and I'm having troubles using the walk designer with several figures: as shown in the attached image, if I apply just the default walk designer parameters, the figure feet mesh appear to be stretched. The figure nodes seems to be fine (all the parts are jointed and move correctly), any idea ? Thanks

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

Adom ( ) posted Wed, 11 March 2009 at 2:19 PM · edited Wed, 11 March 2009 at 2:33 PM

Does that dino have IK on feet?
Select that creature, go to menu - FIGURE and select USE INVERSE KINEMATIC - are there any entries under that submenu?

My guess is that NO.

It happens like that if you apply a pose from a figure with IK goals to the figure without IK goals (no IK goals inside cr2 file)

The default poses for walk designer are made from figures with IK goals (and with IK switched on).

But it can be something else as well :)

Adom ( ) posted Wed, 11 March 2009 at 2:44 PM

One thing more:
you can see some entries under this submenu but their names won't be the same as for default human figure and (since that's animal)  all ar at least some of internal body parts may have different names.
So even if there are IK goals it may not work corectly.

papillon68 ( ) posted Wed, 11 March 2009 at 3:43 PM

Thank you for your detailed explanation Adom, infact there are no IK goals defined. How can I do that ? Can it be done in Poser ?

My Rendo Store

Adom ( ) posted Wed, 11 March 2009 at 3:49 PM

Poser + text editor
You have two ways:

• change cr2 of that dino  (more difficult I think)

or

• make it by appling the pose file from pose library (that pose will have only information about IK goals)

I dont have that animal so I cannot help you ( I need to know exact internal names of some body parts to make that pz2 file)

Adom ( ) posted Wed, 11 March 2009 at 3:54 PM

But I will try to give you some outline how it should look like (that pz2 file). Just wait a moment.

Adom ( ) posted Wed, 11 March 2009 at 3:59 PM

"~" means tabulator

{
version
~{
~number 7
~}
actor BODY:1
~{

~}
actor rThigh:1
~{

~}
actor rShin:1
~{

~}
actor rFoot:1
~{
~inkyParent BODY:1
~nonInkyParent rShin:1
~}
figure
~{
~inkyChain     RightLeg  
~~{
~~name RightFoot
~~addLink rThigh:1
~~addLink rShin:1
~~goal rFoot:1
~~linkWeight 0 1
~~linkWeight 1 0.2
~~}
~}
}

Adom ( ) posted Wed, 11 March 2009 at 4:07 PM · edited Wed, 11 March 2009 at 4:15 PM

As you can see in the 1st part (below 'number') you need to declare all actors which will create IK chain for each IK goal (above you have only one)

Next You need to define IK Goal in (here the line: actor rFoot:1 - and that inkyParent and next line)

In 2nd part (after 'figure' word) you make it work - just rewrite those commands (change actors) for each IK goal you want to add.

Last thing: if in the chain is more than 2 actors (I'm not counting IK goal actor) then lines:
linkWeight
will change  (but for now let's keep it like this - try to make a chain from 2 actors + IK goal)

papillon68 ( ) posted Wed, 11 March 2009 at 4:46 PM

Adom, thank you very much for all your help, I will follow your instructions and keep you posted !

My Rendo Store

Adom ( ) posted Thu, 12 March 2009 at 5:31 AM

Hey, **papillon68
**any luck?

papillon68 ( ) posted Thu, 12 March 2009 at 5:42 AM

I have managed to have the IK set properly, but it looks odd when it run. I have sent you a private message, check it out !

My Rendo Store

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.