Fri, Sep 20, 4:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: dark something on forehead below hairline - where's it coming from?

Michaelab ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2009 at 1:57 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:38 AM

file_426083.jpg

Starters: Vue 6 Pro Poser: 6

Hi,

Sometimes, I get this dark shadow type of thing below the hairline on the forehead from my imported Poser characters.

Take for example the two images attached.

The only difference between the two is that I added some changes around the eyes
(in Poser) to the image on the right, imported it in place to Vue and you can see
what happened.

Nothing else was changed in Vue or in Poser.

Any suggestions of what may be causing this?

Michael

chudo121 ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2009 at 2:06 PM

Hm, could be the hair casting odd shadows, or it could be the alpha plane the hair texture is applied to. Try turning off cast shadows in the hair texture first,  but i am guessing it is the alpha.

If that is the case i do not know how to help because i do not use Poser for import because of things like this, i use DazStudio (;

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science...

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2009 at 2:38 PM

Seems the transmaps are not getting in Vue, look at the eyelashes on the right (screen right), have a look at the material editor and check the transmaps.

chudo121 ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2009 at 2:52 PM

Yeah, transmaps...thats what i meant :D

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science...

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2009 at 3:15 PM

Yeah, indeed, hadn't read your reply fully.

Michaelab ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2009 at 4:30 PM

Well, low and behold, that was it!

I went through the material editor and assigned a simple layer
and popped in the map it was missing, which is strange to me
because it came up so easily you would think that Vue could have made the
extra step to find them.

Anyway, thanks a lot guys. He looks a lot cleaner now.

Your help is much appreciated.

Michael

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.