Mon, Sep 30, 7:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Saving a resource for reuse

stagehand ( ) posted Sun, 15 March 2009 at 2:40 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 7:18 AM

I have been working on a short animation clip, three seconds long, still a WIP but I'm getting there. I would like to use this clip as part of a larger project(s) and wondering what is the best way to save it for those purposes. An extra benefit would be to have the ability to modify the clip if I use it in other projects.

Should I just save the clip as a Carrara file, and then import it into other scenes or is there some other method that works well within Carrara?

Vampires

GKDantas ( ) posted Sun, 15 March 2009 at 3:25 PM

Are you using the tracks? If you use tracks and clips for animation you can simple drag them to the Browse, and all clips can be edited. You can see more about movie clips here:

http://artzone.daz3d.com/media/webinar/2008-12-31C7_New_Features.wmv

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

stagehand ( ) posted Sun, 15 March 2009 at 7:05 PM

Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for :) I can never resist following along tutorials like that and of course I had the same issue with 3D paint, although he didn't quite explain how he fixed it, so I got side tracked lol

Vampires

stagehand ( ) posted Sun, 15 March 2009 at 7:37 PM

BTW is there a list somewhere of these webinars?

Vampires

GKDantas ( ) posted Sun, 15 March 2009 at 9:19 PM

Here you can see more about this. I invite you to know CarraraLounge.com to see some more free tutorials too.

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=101994

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.