Sat, Sep 21, 4:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Crazy render need help

stargsr ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 2:56 PM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 4:52 AM

file_427186.jpg

Please look at this render.  You can see in the main camera view what I thought I had.  The render looks as if the eco is huge.  How does this happen?

chudo121 ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 2:59 PM

Well thats crazy. Never seen that one.

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science...

silverblade33 ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 3:17 PM

hm
have you tried
saving this as a NEW version, so you don't screw up previosu work
re starting VUe
rendering agian
in case it's a temporary glitch you've just made?

have you added displacement? which doens't show until render
:)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

wabe ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 3:56 PM

I think the problem is that one (or more) instances are placed JUST in front of the camera. Even worse, the camera maybe is stuck inside one/some of the instances. A typical image of something like this.

I would try to erase some of these instances that are close to the camera and see whether it changes something.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

ZekeWild ( ) posted Thu, 26 March 2009 at 8:43 PM

nice image, looks like the speeder bike level on star wars return of the jedi for empire strikes back on SNES.

ashley9803 ( ) posted Fri, 27 March 2009 at 5:11 AM · edited Fri, 27 March 2009 at 5:12 AM

That's just the background picture that comes with Windows XP.
Vue crashed and your just looking at your desktop.
Seriously, I think you are looking at only part of your scene pull back a lot and pan around. Vue often puts my camera/scene in unexpected places.

Hang on, that IS your desktop!

stargsr ( ) posted Fri, 27 March 2009 at 1:43 PM

I tried all of the above.  I deleted the eco system entirely.  Still I got the render.  Finally,  I changed the original  terrain landscap material  and the render went away???????

I don't get it.  I won't use that material again

Thanks to all for your input.

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 27 March 2009 at 2:05 PM

Is/was it a material with displacement map?

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.