Tue, Oct 22, 6:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: What the Heck Happened here

Dizzie ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 4:20 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 6:44 AM

file_188384.jpg

The new graphics and mostly the new colors are WONDERFUL....soooo much easier on the eyes, not to mention good looking...2 thumbs up!!! since I'm on the subject, I want to know if I'm missing something...everytime I've seen a post where someone is referring someone else to a link, they always say "look at the list to the left and you'll see it"...my list is on the right and always has been...???

BlueRain ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 4:50 AM

I thought we could choose are own colors,Why this ? ?

mi-scha ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 6:32 AM

You can change ther colors and the position of the list under 'Member Options->My Profile' (look to the right or the left, whatever). The first thing I did today was changing the colors back to the ugly but familiar black/green/yellow. ;)

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 9:36 AM

I absolutely LOVE this new color. It's so much more "classy" and easier on the eyes than that harsh old "Christmas Tree Green" it used to be. This is absolutely beautiful. I know there's a lot of snarling re: the logo contest. I seem to have heard something about a contest, but I never saw any entries or heard anything about the members voting, so I missed out on it. I think the logo is very nice. Some people thought it was too "busy" or "cluttered," but it does draw my attention. I think it looks great. And this color scheme....I can't say enough about it. I can't stop looking at it because it's so pretty. Melanie

rcook ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 11:13 AM

BlueRain, if you have never changed your color scheme, you will see the new default colors. You can always change the colors on your Profile page. Look fir "My Profile" on the sidebar. And thanks everyone for the compliments on the new color scheme.

Crescent ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 2:57 PM

I like the colors as well. I'm also light sensitive, so the colors are great for me! I can see why some might have problems if they need high contrast, but you can't please everyone, and if I'm in the pleased group, that's all that counts. ;-}~

Bia ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 5:33 PM

hmmmm...everything here is still the same...no idea what you guys are talking about but...I did see alot of entries (including mine) for the logo contest, and I liked quite a few of them but heard nothing since. The deadline, I thought was sometime in june...but anyway...maybe they didn't like any of them and just decided to keep what they have... I don't care because for me, it was fun to do anyway...I do think contest stuff here should be much more prominant. That did get lost in the clutter of the interface didn't it? Not something I complained about but now that you mention it there should be a general 24/7 link to current RENDEROSITY contest entries and rules and if there isn't one, just say there are currently no contests running... :)

rcook ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 5:35 PM

The contest was near the top of the Front Page for about a month. You won't notice the new default color scheme if you have changed your from the previous default colors.

Bia ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 5:36 PM

geeeze...for a change I spoke with my foot in my eye. I just noticed the new logo picture! I like it...it's one of the ones I thought would win and it's well done I think...but my color scheme and layout etc hasn't changed at all...maybe I need to refresh or something! :/

rcook ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 5:45 PM

If you didn't have the default colors, then your colors would not have been changed. Here is the new color scheme: Backgorund color: #000000 Text Color: #FFFFFF Link Color: #DBB197 Visited Link Color: #DBB197 Flavor Color 1: #2C4853 Flavor Color 2: #37616E Instant Message Color: #54828F Broadcast Box Color: #B35614

rain ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 12:34 AM

Thanks for printing the number's list. I just spent a good deal of time trying to match everything up :-) I had changed mine a long time ago but I love the new default colours so I wanted to go back. I wish I'd come here first, I wouldn't have spent so much time fiddling LOL.

rcook ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 1:56 PM

There has been a slight change in the default color scheme. The Visited Link color has been changed. Backgorund color: #000000 Text Color: #FFFFFF Link Color: #DBB197 Visited Link Color: #FFC988 Flavor Color 1: #2C4853 Flavor Color 2: #37616E Instant Message Color: #54828F Broadcast Box Color: #B35614

rcook ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 2:29 PM

There are now buttons on your Profile page to select the new or old color scheme.

Pinto ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 8:36 PM

I upgraded os and now free stuff doesn't open in a new window. It doesn't even have a back button-just closes the free stuff when opening download. Do I not have the right Java options set up on my browser or has something changed? Pinto

rcook ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 9:04 PM

No, nothing has recently changed with the Free Stuff, and it doesn't require JavaScript or Java to download items. What exactly is happening when you click the Download button?

Pinto ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 9:47 PM

When I click the download button, free stuff closes and the download starts. (right button makes no difference). It does not open in a new window like it once did. If I want to download something else I have to start all over with opening free stuff, finding the page, etc. Thanks. Pinto

rcook ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 10:05 PM

What browser are you using? Why would it close? That's odd.

sinixyl ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 10:44 PM

I also loved the new color's layout.

rcook ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2001 at 7:25 AM

Pinto, I've made the FreeStuff pop up the downloads in a new window.

Pinto ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2001 at 11:53 AM

rcook, Thank you so much! What happened? Pinto

rcook ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2001 at 11:58 AM

Err, nothing happened. I just set the download button to now open into a new window. I'll leave it like this unless I start getting complaints. Because, now it leaves open an empty window for most people, including me.

Pinto ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2001 at 12:41 PM

rcook, Thanks. It would not have to automatically open in a new window upon left click. If it would just allow the option with a right click or shift-left click. All the other windows, ie forums, gallery, etc, open in a new window with shift-left click as free stuff used to do. Thanks Pinto

rcook ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2001 at 1:08 PM

I can't contorl Left-Click/Right-Click stuff. Your browser is what handles that.

Pinto ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2001 at 5:17 PM

Very strange. its just that the shift-click stuff works on every thing but free stuff and it used to work on it. I just assumed it was on your end. Anyway, I'm happy now. I hope others are not inconvenienced. Thanks Pinto

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.