Mon, Oct 21, 5:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OtherWorlds

KenS ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2001 at 6:03 PM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 11:38 AM

file_188490.jpg

This is the image I used in my OtherWorlds 2.5 ad in the online store here. just 1 of the 80 preset skies included in the package. Ken

Ironbear ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 3:50 AM

The sky is sharp. But what gets me when I look at this everytime is the way the camera angle and focus even in a static image makes it look as though the ground is rushing up to meet you. Pretty well done effect, Ken.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

KenS ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 4:02 AM

Thanks Sherman:) Ken

Ironbear ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 4:20 AM

No probs. I'm going to "steal" that effect on a cockpit view image someday. ;]

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

KenS ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 4:21 AM

hehe, cool:)

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 7:14 AM

I am a little confused, Not knocking your work, but why would a Bryce owner pay$$ for a set of skies that they could easily create themselves in bryce with no special non-bryce skills or software required??? its not like a poser user buying a prop or figure that was modeled in Lightwave or some other program that he does not own or cant afford. i dont get this.

My website

YouTube Channel

KenS ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 1:21 PM

Because they are really good skies, these arent your normal presets or random sky lab generations, alot of work went into making these. A good sky is hard to come by, it can make or break your image:). These are all made by personally selecting the skylab selectors one at a time and manually adjusting the cloud properties, from the amount of fog and haze to tweaking the frequencies until they looked just right. Feel free if you have the time to check out my gallery either here or on my site-chemicalstudios.com, and you can get a good idea of what you would be getting.:) Ken

spankthru ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 1:52 PM

Bryce has some cool preset skies, but i can never make my own that really looks good :)

thip ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 3:48 PM

When you can't beat'em, buy'em ;-)

Ironbear ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 4:00 PM

shrug I can make skies - I can make pretty good skies. But I still collect all the skies I can because when I want a certain look for an image it's faster to locate a premade and tweak it than to make it from scratch and get just the right look. That can cut hours out of the process if what I start with has close to what I want. Plus I always get sidetracked in the sky editor...

• Monkeysmell

KenS ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 5:07 PM

also...Ive uploaded another 20 free skies(not part of the store package) to my site for Bryce 5, a couple of my 'trademark' clouds that I use repeatedly that have gotten alot of great comments on. Chemical Studios on the sidebar:) Ken

KenS ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 5:09 PM

file_188491.jpg

here's the GreatBlueSky preset thats free on my site. :) Ken

Ironbear ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2001 at 5:16 PM

Ooooh... now that's the right price for my wallet. No offense Ken, but I'm broke. ;] And thanks much.

• Monkeysmell

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.