Thu, Oct 24, 1:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: April 2009 - Photography Forum Challenge - Accidental Letters

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sun, 29 March 2009 at 7:13 PM · edited Thu, 24 October 2024 at 1:17 AM

"The only thing coming straight out of MY camera is the cable!"
P. Vermeulen

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2009 at 9:47 PM · edited Tue, 31 March 2009 at 9:48 PM
PD154 ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2009 at 9:57 PM

Nifty idea, this should have us out there looking for letters, another winner Shari :)

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2009 at 11:02 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2751786

Been there done that...there was a thread started in October on this very subject....its LOADED with pics!

Fred255 ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 8:03 AM

file_427629.jpg

OK you are going to have to use a bit of imagination here, but to start off with lets have J W L

ecurb - The Devil

LovelyPoetess ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 12:51 PM · edited Wed, 01 April 2009 at 12:52 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Cool idea!   :::wanders off wondering if she can find c-o-o-l somewhere:::

I'll be back! 

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

So where do they go when a photograph leaves you speechless? 

redchilicat ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 5:16 PM

file_427671.jpg

Okay the first thing I thought of was my little collection of rocks, shells and other artifacts.  I usually pick up a rock or seashell on any trip I take and some of that is included in this shot as well as some local finds:  a sharks tooth found in mined phosphate, here in Polk county Florida and a native american arrowhead found by my brother in law in the woods of Lafayette county Florida as well as driftwood out of the Suwannee river here in Florida.

Anyway enough with the description you should find a Y, some O's and a couple of V's there is also a questionable C  ;-) 

Fred255 ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 5:24 PM

Nice one!

ecurb - The Devil

PD154 ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 6:27 PM · edited Wed, 01 April 2009 at 6:30 PM

file_427691.jpg

Nifty finds Redchilicat, lots of wonderful textures in there. Good one to get us under way David.

Ok here is some H's I shot this today at the park near where I work.

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

Fred255 ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 6:33 PM

file_427692.jpg

S

ecurb - The Devil

PD154 ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 6:35 PM

A distinct letter S David :))

tizjezzme ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 7:49 PM

OMG, what a GREAT START to this months challenge!!!!  I can already see this will be FUN!  I thought looking for 3's was fun, I thought finding letters equally as fun!

David .. that's not just an S ... that's a 3 in one !!!  I see an r and a j and combined, there is that S.  WAY TO GO!  Just like that first one you did .. 3 in one!  You are GOOD.

Oh, and RJ ... a bunch of H's.. how SWEET!  I thought for sure you'd find an RJ  lol  But then the month has only just begun :)

Wendy - Nice pile of letters you found!!!  :)  Very interesting artifacts!

P. Vermeulen

PD154 ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 7:59 PM · edited Wed, 01 April 2009 at 8:00 PM

LOL if I did find my initials anywhere, I think I'd freak out let alone take a shot :)

tizjezzme ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 9:03 PM

oh knowing you Ronnie, you will find an RJ .. probably several!  :b_funny:

P. Vermeulen

PD154 ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 9:06 PM

May even find a Bezzie :)

bakapo ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 10:29 PM

file_427694.jpg

I found  P and d :)

PD154 ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 4:58 AM · edited Thu, 02 April 2009 at 5:02 AM

Excellent Barb, where's the 154? :)
Also 4 X's in the screws :)

bakapo ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 9:13 AM

LOL! I can't find a 154 :)
Oh, yeah, I didn't notice the Xs, thanks!

PD154 ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 9:47 AM

Well I didn't also notice the O's where the X's are in too, wow! you found some good letters sweetie :)

bakapo ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 10:26 AM

Quote -  Well I didn't also notice the O's where the X's are in too, wow! you found some good letters sweetie :)

Yay for Xs and Os!
:)

PD154 ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 10:59 AM

LOL, you just made me giggle Barb :)

Fred255 ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 5:43 PM

Ronnie you can use mine for your avatar, RJS  all in same shot.

ecurb - The Devil

PD154 ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 6:16 PM

:b_grin:..I do see RJS there too

tizjezzme ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 8:32 PM

RJS .. awesome :) :)   Where are the X's and O's??? 

Oh, there they are ... in the door hinge lol  I'll never look at a hinge the same again!  :biggrin:

P. Vermeulen

auntietk ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 9:00 PM

Oh man!  I've got a million of these, but used them in Arthur's thread.  I'll go out searching again for new ones ... it's a fun challenge!  :)

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

tizjezzme ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 9:06 PM

Auntie, I know ... I never saw Arthurs thread :-( so I was kinda embarrassed I did this challenge.. but... i'm pleased at how you all are doing.  :)

P. Vermeulen

auntietk ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 9:21 PM

Don't be embarassed  -  it's a great idea!  (Besides ... there were only a few of us doing it ... you're bringing the idea to a larger audience!)  I found letters everywhere ... it's amazing ... I'm looking forward to going back out looking for new stuff!  :)

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

Meowgli ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 10:32 PM

file_427776.jpg

hey everyone, well another cool topic you came up with this month Shari, I missed the other thread so hope to get stuck into this one nearer the end of the month when I'll have a bit more time... speaking of which work is pretty constant right now, no time for posting except for this one...

today was easily the nicest day of the year so far round these parts, and irresistible to be outside... the light hasn't been that good in aaages and I thought it sensible to shoot while the light remained and continue working once it was dark.... well at nearly 4:30am I've made up for that lost time and taking a final break to put this up here before some much needed kip!!

... I actually wasn't really shooting with this challenge in mind, I was on an mission for stock shots of the Old Course (and got plenty) - but I turned up this 'U' along the way... for any golfers, or those who know the course, this is the burn which runs through the 1st and 18th holes.

very good entries so far everyone!

Adam

Adam Edwards Photography

beachzz ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 10:36 PM

dives into files for letters  comes up empty  dives back in  and hasn't come up yet---I will find something for this great challenge!!

tizjezzme ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2009 at 6:41 AM · edited Fri, 03 April 2009 at 6:42 AM

Hey Adam, you found a good one!  :) great to see you here!!!!! 

Beachzz... I trust you'll find something wonderful; you always do!! 

Aww, thank you Tara ... you are the sweetest.  😄

P. Vermeulen

bakapo ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2009 at 9:29 AM

That U is neat!

I wasn't here for the other photo thread, so I'm glad this is running here.

That hinge is literally 12 inches from my face as I sit at my computer. I see it every day and because of this challenge I will never see it the same way either.  I'll always think of  Ronnie when I see it now, yay! :)

artaddict2 ( ) posted Sat, 04 April 2009 at 12:39 PM

file_427926.jpg

Hi folks

Great fun once again, though I would join in!
my first attempt,      I've not looked for an obscure one yet!

mmmmmmmmm yes!

auntietk ( ) posted Sat, 04 April 2009 at 12:45 PM

Wow!  That's not only an M, but it's a frame-within-a-frame.  How cool is THAT? 

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sat, 04 April 2009 at 3:54 PM · edited Sat, 04 April 2009 at 3:55 PM

file_427962.jpg

Alright ... I guess its high time I upload something here .............

How 'bout an H

:)

P. Vermeulen

bakapo ( ) posted Sat, 04 April 2009 at 9:19 PM

an excellent H and a really cool M!

Lashia ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2009 at 2:30 PM

oh this is a good idea, its going to be really hard! looks around the room nope none in here, I better try a little harder!
Great entries so far everyone, click on! :-D

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 07 April 2009 at 9:30 PM

file_428156.jpg

Here's a U

This is Smith Rock in Oregon.

It's not a new pic (sorry!)  I've been busy, and haven't been out with the camera all week!  :(  However, it IS a never-before-seen image!  LOL!  Does that count?

DramaKing ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 10:49 AM

You had me worried. I saw the title and thought the object was to "accidentally" take good photos. I guess we can do upisde-down letters, too, right? Maybe if we turn the camera upside-down? Well, time to grab my camera.

Cheers

It is better to do one thing well, than to do many things and excel at nothing.

Fred255 ( ) posted Fri, 10 April 2009 at 6:57 PM

X Marks The Spot

Here is X O D C 

ecurb - The Devil

PD154 ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 10:59 PM · edited Sat, 11 April 2009 at 11:00 PM

Knocking along nicely Shazz  guess I kinda been too wrapped up in other areas, the 12th already and I have not submitted a shot, oh well must have something to do with the 12th being my wedding aniv, I would have been married 29 years, jeez the train robbers got thirty years, and they made a mint ...

Some great entries here from everyone!!

PD154 ( ) posted Tue, 14 April 2009 at 7:26 AM

And now here am I totally losing the plot here, I did submit a shot lol, just goes to show that when you are not around much, the old grey cells start to suffer, oh well, never mind, guess you can apply the above message to my second submission :)

redchilicat ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 5:02 PM

file_428715.jpg

My spider lily just started to bloom and the stamen looked a lot like a T to me.  :-)

tizjezzme ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 6:30 PM

file_428723.jpg

COOL U you found Tara!  :) :)

XOCD - love it LOL

Awesome stamen shot there Wendy !  GREAT find and capture!

NOW ... GIMME a  Y !!

P. Vermeulen

auntietk ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 10:05 PM

file_428738.jpg

Y !  :)

tizjezzme ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 10:22 PM

LOL  you're QUICK Auntie!!!  !!!  good one!

P. Vermeulen

auntietk ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 10:38 PM
  • blushes * 

I'll admit I already had this in my files.

My niece and her husband have this hanging in their stairwell.  My great niece's first word was "elk."  LOL!

tizjezzme ( ) posted Thu, 16 April 2009 at 6:36 AM

Seriously?? LOL  I Love it !!  I wonder what my first word was.  😊

P. Vermeulen

auntietk ( ) posted Thu, 16 April 2009 at 8:53 AM

Yup ... mostly babies say "mama" first.  Or "dada" sometimes.  My niece's husband is SO excited that Makenna's first word was "elk!"    He loves to tell that story.  

busi2ness ( ) posted Fri, 17 April 2009 at 1:59 PM · edited Fri, 17 April 2009 at 2:02 PM

My goodness what goes on in here! Why didn' t anybody tell me there were loads of fun to be had!

:b_grin:

Excellent work so far. I never saw a real symbol being photographed and yet  all entries display the coincidence/resemblance to a character. Awesome challenge Shari!

Oh and auntie, don't hide behind that "too busy" excuse, we all have check books to balance. :tt2:

Our grandkid recently started saying "ek"... or was it "yuk"! LOL

Let me check what can be done. Next time you folks tell me where the fun is to be had, ok? I am off to see what I can capture for this lesson in the natural alphabet...

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa

Shoot2ThrillPhoto ( ) posted Fri, 17 April 2009 at 5:32 PM

file_428887.jpg

X-Falls

I used a 25 second exposure to BLUR the water

auntietk ( ) posted Fri, 17 April 2009 at 9:44 PM

What a great X this is!  Not just a letter, but loads of excitement, as well.

What is that quote about he who has no sin casting the first stone??  I'VE posted TWO letters this month, Piet.    (even though I'm busy)  Let's see YOURS!  LOL!

• taps foot impatiently *  I hope you're out with your camera right now looking for letters.  Oh wait ... what time is it there?  * ummm ... that's two, carry the one, and that makes it ... oh ... the middle of the night.  never mind!  *  ok ... when you get up you can go out and take pics of letters!    Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.