Sun, Sep 22, 6:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Export To Final Cut Pro or Motion

macduff ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 12:36 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 6:35 AM

Hi,

I'm new to 3D animation and have what might be a simple question that I cannot find the answer to.

I have Carrara Pro 6 and have created a very simple text only graphic in 3D. I want to take it to Final Cut Pro 6 or Motion 3 but all of the available formats don't seem to work in either of those apps. I hope to make a more complex graphic sequence in Carrara but if I cannot export a file it's obviously pointless.

I'd appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

Danas_Anis ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 12:48 PM

well, it depends whether you want export animated object or not, but OBJ or FBX are most used formats by all applications I know. 

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 1:03 PM

FCP does not do 3D operations. Motion allows you to animate effects in 3D space but it is not a 3d object manipulation program so you can't import 3D file formats like .obj, .3ds etc. There are some plug-ins that imitate 3D objects inside Motion and FCP but you just can't import "real" 3D objects.

Typically, for film and  TV 3D production methods, 3D animations are rendered and then composed in video post. This is where Motion's 3D tracking can help with special effects. 

For NFL Football bumper types of motion graphics, you need to use something like Cinema 4D Studio which has some pretty cool 3d object motion tools for animated arrays and other things.

Mark

Danas_Anis ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 2:59 PM

my bigest apologize, somehow I mixed the pos production and FX apps with other 3D apps. 

macduff ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2009 at 11:17 AM

Many thanks for the info.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.