Mon, Sep 9, 3:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: OT: Please say a little prayer for my kitty

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 9:14 PM

My cats hate the Advantage stuff, too.  Presumably less than they'd hates fleas, but still.

Connie, do they have a feral trap, neuter and release program in your area?  Where I live, they will help you trap feral cats so they can be neutered.  And it's free, because it's not your cat.  It's a pet-population control thing. Ours is through Second Chance for Animal Welfare.  They are the same organization that does the low cost spay/neuter clinics for pets.

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 10:14 PM

Attached Link: Kittens!

[](http://www.marionpeck.com/editions/kittens.html)

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 11 April 2009 at 10:29 PM

Oooh, kittens with the third eye! Yes, they do have it :)  Thanks for that pic, Sean :)

ButterflyFish, thanks for that tip, I'll check and see what's available around here.

Last time I dealt with a stray and called around, 5-6 years back, I was told didn't have stuff like that... I was told, if I capture the kitty, it's mine, and can't drop it off. They don't come and capture a kitty when people call them, I guess. Didn't make all that much sense to me... how do they get cats then??? At the time, I was able and willing to take the stray to the vet and clean her up and find her a home at my own expense, so I didn't question it much.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

vincebagna ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2009 at 3:31 AM

In my town there is an organization that capture cats who are living outside by themselves and neuter them, they also do that if you're willing to rescue one of them and keep him in your home. In factn it's what they prefer :)
I got my last baby like that. Though i insisted to pay the amount of the operation if the founds went to help a Second Chance for Animal Welfare like group.
It was an retired old lady that came to trap my Casper, as i was desesperately trying to catch him for days without success :/
She was doing that for free, only because she loved so much the animals. And now, my Casper is so happy to live with us and his brother and sister :))

My Store

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Mon, 13 April 2009 at 5:55 AM

So glad BriBri is getting on with your other animals!  She seems to be fitting in with your family so well; Mrs. B and I send hugs to all.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 13 April 2009 at 4:28 PM

Thanks guys :)
Vince, Casper is a very fortunate little guy to have you as a daddy.

ringbearer ( ) posted Tue, 14 April 2009 at 8:42 PM

file_428637.jpg

Connie, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Tigger.  I was kinda keeping up with the thread, but it was so hard.  We finally had to put our precious Duchess to sleep, we had her for 20 years.  I could hardly bear to read this thread, know that I was pulling for you and Tigger.  We adopted a couple of sisters from a rescue shelter.  Ziva and Abby.

There are a lot of things worse than dying, being afraid all the time would be one.

My Gallery

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 12:17 AM

Quote - Connie, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Tigger.  I was kinda keeping up with the thread, but it was so hard.  We finally had to put our precious Duchess to sleep, we had her for 20 years.  I could hardly bear to read this thread, know that I was pulling for you and Tigger.  We adopted a couple of sisters from a rescue shelter.  Ziva and Abby.

Oh, no, I'm so very sorry you lost your little Duchess :(

I'm glad you have the new babies to ease the pain. They look just so adorable! Just look at those cute big eyes!

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 7:17 AM

Abby looks such a little Goth and I don't reckon Ziva will have any trouble with Hammas mice lol.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 16 April 2009 at 3:01 PM

Well, the little orange Tomcat hasn't been around again. I hope he's doing okay.

Little BriBri is settling in wonderfully, and getting snugglier too.

I talk to my little precious Tiggers every day.... I hope she knows.

magicmoondesigns ( ) posted Fri, 17 April 2009 at 12:16 AM · edited Fri, 17 April 2009 at 12:16 AM

Quote - Well, the little orange Tomcat hasn't been around again. I hope he's doing okay.

Little BriBri is settling in wonderfully, and getting snugglier too.

I talk to my little precious Tiggers every day.... I hope she knows.

Glad BriBri is settling in and the two of you are taking good care of each other :-)  As for Tiggers...she knows.  My big Maine Coone Mr. Whiskers passed away last October and even now I sometimes wake up and feel  him next to me in bed but when I turn the light on there's no cat there.  I like to think that he comes back from time to time to visit and check up on me, and I have no doubt Tiggers does the same with you (I'll be she's showing BriBri a few things too).

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Fri, 17 April 2009 at 6:54 AM

She knows Connie, she knows.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 18 April 2009 at 1:22 AM

Thanks Guys!

BriBri is great, she's started snuggling more too in last couple of days. This evening we're having a MAJOR play session, and she is having a blast. Very playful and tireless, just like a kitten. It's kind of funny, when she really gets into playing, her tail poofs up, just her tail, not her back or the tail base.

emay68 ( ) posted Mon, 20 April 2009 at 1:55 AM

Just checking in, Connie.  It's really lovely to see that BriBri is fitting in so well.  And that she is helping to provide a balm for the wound in your heart.  {HUG}  😄

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 20 April 2009 at 10:50 AM

Thanks Emay :)

Yes, I'm really glad I adopted BriBri. I was little worried that maybe it'll be too soon, but I'm very glad I did it. She is wonderful.  Every time I have a thought that maybe Tigger is being replaced and forgotten, I remember how I said, every time I pet BriBri, it's meant for Tiggers too.

BriBri is turning out to be more and more Tigger like in a lot of ways. I find that very delightful... If I wasn't such a darn realist, seeing it I'd really believe she has a connection with Tiggers, and is getting instructions.  Right down to taking every opportunity to sit on my office chair, the minute I get up to putz around the house.... so every time I come back, step 1. is, 'remove little black kitty from the chair before sitting down'.  I dunno what the attraction is. Bubba seems very indifferent to the chair, so I can't quite say it's a cat thing.

arbee999 ( ) posted Mon, 20 April 2009 at 4:06 PM

at the risk of being too familiar...
May I suggest that you have a nice warm tush?? :blushing:

Glad to hear that your new family member is adapting so well.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 20 April 2009 at 8:31 PM

Quote - at the risk of being too familiar...
May I suggest that you have a nice warm tush?? :blushing:

Glad to hear that your new family member is adapting so well.

Warm tush.... LOL, took me a minute to figure out what you meant... It must be. :blink:

We came back from the Vet, Bri Bri had all her shots and tests. She tested negative for feline leukemia, and feline AIDS virus, and is now vaccinated for everything.  YAAAAAAAY!

My ex came to the vet's office to see her too. She was very mellow in the car, and at the vet. For the most part I carried her, and had her on a leash with a harness. On the way home she nestled in my lap, with her head almost in my pants pocket.

Sitting in the window cooling off now... I should point the fan in that direction and and join her, it's crazy 94F here today. Ugh!

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Tue, 21 April 2009 at 4:40 AM

It's always such a relief when a new kitty is protected against feline diseases.  Glad things are working out well; hugs to everyone!

Our cats have been helping us build a new pond as we had more or less tadpole soup in our old one.

scanmead ( ) posted Tue, 21 April 2009 at 1:47 PM

Ok, Connie, time to change your signature to something like "I am adorable... resistance is futile".. What a heart-melting little face! 

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 21 April 2009 at 8:20 PM

Quote - Ok, Connie, time to change your signature to something like "I am adorable... resistance is futile".. What a heart-melting little face! 

Me?  Or you mean Bri Bri?

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Tue, 21 April 2009 at 10:46 PM · edited Tue, 21 April 2009 at 10:54 PM

I hope your Kitty pulls through, She might have eaten something bad, Not too long agoe I heard of some pet foods that were contaminated on the news, maybe she got a bad can of cat chow and it made her sick, I would ask the store where you buy your cat chow from, if they had recently had to remove any contaminated pet foods from thier shelves.

if you narrow it down and find out that indeed a product was contaminated you may have a law suit, if you can prove you purchased it, you can do this by getting product purchase staments from your credit card company or who controls your visa on your debit card.

each time they scan an item it has a scan bar code that rings the item up, if the item has a bar code from a contaminated batch of cat food, you may be able to track it down in your pantry by just asking the store the bar code numbers of any contaminated cat food brands you use.

when they pull a product they sometimes do it by batch or by product name that would be any bar coded item of that brand if they had to pull them all off the shelf rather then track down a bad batch.

My best advice is to switch cat food brands for awhile and dispose of any cat foods you have recently purchased just in case they are contaminated but first take a sample to you're vet to test for food poisioning bacteria befoe you dispose of them.

scanmead ( ) posted Wed, 22 April 2009 at 4:17 PM

Quote - > Quote - Ok, Connie, time to change your signature to something like "I am adorable... resistance is futile".. What a heart-melting little face! 

Well... people could take it either way! Especially if there were a photo of you and BriBri. She just has such delicate features. 

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 22 April 2009 at 7:15 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Ok, Connie, time to change your signature to something like "I am adorable... resistance is futile".. What a heart-melting little face! 

Well... people could take it either way! Especially if there were a photo of you and BriBri. She just has such delicate features. 

Yes, she absolutely does! I have to fire up my old computer to DL a new pic I took of her yeterday, I think this one is a good one. Caught her not squinting.

She is more and more curious about the dog... I think one morning I'll find her sleeping next to the dog.

I was dreaming about Tiggers last night, it was a good dream :)  I hope she keeps coming back like that :)

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 22 April 2009 at 11:51 PM

file_429224.JPG

Here's a new BriBri pic, still a bit fuzzy, but she's making a much sweeter face.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 22 April 2009 at 11:59 PM

file_429225.JPG

One more...

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2009 at 2:26 AM

She certainly epitomizes that old saying,"The Ancient Egyptians worshiped the cat as a god, and the cats never forgot!" LOLOL She's got that look about her.  Sorry about Tigger. I never had another cat after mine died over 25 years ago. Pet fees where I've lived have been more than I can afford.  As bad as my health is, I can barely take care of myself, much less something else.

I'm glad you have a new little cutie and you're feeling better emotionally.  Friends may come and go, but their memory lasts as long as we do. :closedeyes:

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2009 at 4:37 AM

With that amount of kawaii (cute) power I'm not surprised that BriBri's won over Bubba and your dog! :)

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2009 at 1:49 PM

Yes yes, most adorable, If I may say so myself!

She is like Tigger reincarnated too!

Little miss personality. And so cute, that all she has to is look at you, and you go... sure, climb up the drapes, scratch up the couch, whatever you wish tweetie-pie!

And to think she was within just hours of being put asleep, because she was pregnant :(  I can't express how thankful I am to the wonderful ladies at meoowz rescue for figting for her!!!

scanmead ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2009 at 2:08 PM

BriBri is doing a wonderful Bastet pose! She also looks very happy and contented to be in her new home. We'll know you've gone completely over the edge when you start posting vids of how cute she is while shredding furniture. ;)  

magicmoondesigns ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2009 at 4:04 PM

BriBri is a very lucky kitty, and you are a very lucky kitty momma!  It sounds like the two of you were made for each other -- Tigger did good when she brought you and BriBri together.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 25 April 2009 at 11:27 PM

:(  Things just aren't the same since I lost Tiggers.

Some days it feels like I can barely breathe. :crying:

magicmoondesigns ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2009 at 2:34 AM

I wish I was at your end of the state so I could give you a big hug in person.

Of course it's not the same, Tigger left behind a big hole that can never be filled and...well, sometimes when we lose someone the hole is so big that it swallows us up from time to time :-(  

We're all just a PM or an email away if you need a shoulder or someone to listen. 

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2009 at 6:29 AM

It felt just the same after we lost Ninja; just concentrate on remembering the good times.  It's not wrong to grieve though, it's a process that you have to go through and it will take time (it took us about 2 years for Ninja). 

We are all just an e-mail or PM away if you need us.

scanmead ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2009 at 7:01 AM

You know, there was a dog groomer on Animal Planet who was asking why our little friends stay with us such a short time. She guessed it was to teach us about living in the present, and opening our hearts to new friends, but she didn't sound convinced.

I can't say it ever hurts less, but the pain comes less frequently with time. Are you anywhere near a beach? Sometimes just watching the sea at sunset makes sense of things. (I can't explain that, it just does.)   

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2009 at 9:29 AM

Why does our little friends stay with us such a short time?  To teach us to be, to FEEL human.  Loss is part of the human state.  We must learn to enjoy every moment, to celebrate every victory and to grieve every loss.  If we can't, we aren't living a full life, we are hiding from life.

It brings us together and lets us cry together.  The world's oceans are salty because we humans cry salty tears. Also because we never cry alone. Grieving is part of life. So is joy, friendship and laughter. Don't forget the others when you're busy doing one.

I can grieve and laugh at the same time, thinking of my Chi. She could be funny,loving and poignant at the same time. I miss her, but I also know I'm only a heartbeat from joining her. In the space between sleep and awaking are all the family I've lost and she's just one of many.

Dance and love while the music plays, for eventually we all sit out some next dance. ^__^V,,

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2009 at 11:44 PM

Thank You guys and gals, you're all being so sweet, it's truly heartwarming!

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 27 April 2009 at 10:27 AM

I'm so happy that you found room in your heart for BriBri. She is a gorgeous girl!  And I think she found the purrrfect home! :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 27 April 2009 at 7:23 PM

Thanks Acadia :)
hugz

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 10:37 AM

Birthday today, turning the yucky 4-0...

I really really miss Tiggers :(

Bri Bri is doing well, still working on her becoming a snuggle bunnny. Some days she's snuggly, other days she's distant. We'll get there.

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 10:55 AM

Bah humbug, I posted using my merchant account...  I suppose that's how it goes, you hit 40, and everything goes downhill :P

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 10:56 AM

I remember 40 just like it was a hundred years ago or so. Or maybe ten. I forget. Or like it was 1999? I went blind in 1999, got my sight back, got a new job, started 3DCGI, had 2 strokes, lost my job, lost my apartment, been homeless, had two different girl friends, and then moved into public housing.

A huge bunch of other stuff happened,too, but the others were just not important to remember or dwell on.

I hope your whole life hasn't been as busy as my last decade's been.

Remember, not all cat's are snuggle-bunnys.  Just like people.:laugh:

scanmead ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 11:04 AM

file_429694.jpg

Well, kitties have moods, too, and they need their alone time.

Meanwhile, Happy, Happy Birthday!!! The Big 4-0, eh? g

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 11:42 AM

Yea, the Baby is asserting her cattiness. It's all good.
She is very snuggly when I catch her in the right mood.

I think I'm noticing a bit of her earlier upbringhing, certain smells and sounds, usually not offensive seem to spook her. Other sounds and loud noises, like a hair dryer or even a vacuum, she doesn't mind at all.

But I also see she is learning that things that spook her, don't need to. First few days she was very afraid of the shower noise. Every day when I take a shower, I leave bathroom door little more open, so she can peak in. At first shower and water noise would have her running under the bed. By now, she actually gets curious about it. So, I know she'll get there.

I'm just grumpy today... 40 sounds so old :-   Like I'm supposed to start acting prim proper and serious all of a sudde. Well, that's not likely to happen!

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 12:56 PM

Attached Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDwZfhdkA3M

Here is an adorable video of some Bengals from Meridian Bengals Cattery exercising on a wheel. 

Watch until the end. Titan really goes to town,  LOL

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

scanmead ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 2:23 PM

I've never seen cats run so fast for so long! Mine would hop up, discover no food, hop down. The way those bengals control the speed of that wheel is amazing!

umm... Connie, age is the great liberator. 40 is still young. Just old enough to laugh at all those silly youngsters who stress about diets and fashion, but young enough to be whoever you want. 

arbee999 ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 6:32 PM

Oh Happy Birthday Connie!!

Hey - 40 is young - especially when you're on the other side of it!

MadameX ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 7:24 PM

Happy Birthday, Connie!

"Hey - 40 is young - especially when you're on the other side of it!"

Ain't that the truth! I'll be 56 here in a few weeks...

Glad to hear BriBri is settling in nicely. Tigger will always be with you and Bri can help with the hard times.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 7:32 PM

Wow, that's one crazy video!  I wonder how theyu got the kitties to get used to the wheel...
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks guys for birthday wishes!

I can totally relate to 'old enough to laugh at it all'.
I hope my health holds up few more years.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 9:27 PM

Hugs from a fairly recent 40 year old You are only as old as you feel. Sometimes you just have to remind yourself of the things that make you young and it will be OK.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 10:09 PM

Happy birthday, ya whipper-snapper!

And many cat paws scrambling past me to look at the computer screen, then waving at Bri to say hello.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.