Mon, Oct 21, 11:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: how easy is Vue to use

keelin ( ) posted Sun, 05 April 2009 at 3:50 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:27 PM

Hiya,
I use poser 6 and photoshop,
but some times I just want more control over backgrounds (landscapes, buildings)

Is vue easy to use for a beginer?
What do you think of Vue fantasy, vue fairy? (I know they arnt released yet)

Thank you :)

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sun, 05 April 2009 at 3:58 AM

I find it very easy to use, but I've been using such programs for years :)

You should try Vue, Bryce and Carrara demos, see what you like as it's always a deeply perosnal choice.

For me, Vue hands down. Unlike the "high end pro apps", you don't have a ridiculous "nested menus from hell" interface it's far more "what you see is what you get", Bryce was the first to use that kind of idealogy of interface, then Poser and Vue picked it up.

See some of the tutorials on my site, link is in my signature, or the GeekAtPlay.com ones, to see how things go with Vue, I find it pretty logical without being "abstract to hell" :)

Vue's a lot more than just backgrounds, in the sense you make scenes, not merely backdrops, though you can of course make backdrops.
Have a look at my gallery :)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 05 April 2009 at 5:13 AM

If you know how to use a camera and provide proper lighting for a scene, Vue isn't that hard to use.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

keelin ( ) posted Sun, 05 April 2009 at 5:27 AM

Thank you,
I had Bryce quite awhile back (not sure which version, it was on offer something silly like$1)
but I found it hard to use (no manuel) having said that I have learned a lot from poser and photoshop, I might give it another go.

Vue just seemed more like what I was after,
I'll see if I can find a demo of it.
:)

3DNeo ( ) posted Sun, 05 April 2009 at 8:45 AM

As the other poster said in his links, make sure and try the free demo first, I would say the PLE as it has recently been updated according to e-on with the current patches (it was not before a few weeks ago). It gives you a full working copy of Vue 7 for you to try. However, you can not use any of your saved work according to the pop-up on a real copy of the software meaning that file is tied to the PLE. Also, you will get overlays on your images rendered large size with "e-on". I can't recall if that was from the first day or after 30 days but it is there so you can't use it to do renders and export the images.

As to learning, I too will fully admit I didn't start using it until about 4 months ago in full earnest. It's not REAL hard to pick up and there are some GREAT videos to help. Like anything else, you just have to dig into it. I would HIGHLY recommend both AsileFX and GeekAtPlay as they do top queality video tutorials and you learn a lot from them. Vue has good community support with those two companies.

Links:

tinyurl.com/clje2d

tinyurl.com/c4wty3

Good luck and happy rendering.

Jeff

Development on: Mac Pro 2008, Duel-Boot OS - Snow Leopard 10.6.6 & Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon , 10GB 800 MHz DDR2 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT.

melikia ( ) posted Sun, 05 April 2009 at 12:35 PM

Vue was the easiest program i've ever learned - hands down.  Helped that I came from a background in Poser, but even then... it was simply EASIER.  the tutorials that everyone has mentioned are worth the time to dig through & work through, specially silverblade's & geekatplay's.  And, as mentioned - the PLE's are invaluable in determining exactly what you want (and yes - files created in the PLE are stuck in the PLE).

also, if you are interested, private message me and i'll send you a link to LVS - inexpensive 6-week online "classes", and our own Peggy Walters here runs 3 excellent Vue classes (beginning, intermediate, and advanced).  Take a peek in my gallery - I bet you can tell exactly when I took her classes =D  And actually, I'd recommend the classes for anyone who wants to learn Vue fairly quickly and easily.

(and heed my signature warning.... MUAHAHAHAHAHA lol.  you, too, shall be Vue'd!)

*pads off laughing... (seriousely, enjoy trying out Vue... great fun!)
~meli, da kitty

Rarer than a hairy egg and madder than a box of frogs....

< o > < o >    You've been VUED!    < o > < o >
         >                                                     >
         O                                                    O

Xpleet ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2009 at 4:33 AM

It's not like a 3Dsmax.

Vue is like lego for grown ups, once you understand the system your only limiter becomes imagination/creativity aswell as RAM.

keelin ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2009 at 5:46 AM

Thank you guys,
I have been playing with vue pioneer,
So ok my pics look like some think a 6 year old would do,
But its easy to use, or the basics any way (much easier than I thought it would be)

Ram might be the olny downside :(
but I'll ask hubby to see if my comp can be upgraded
(plus I wont nagg him about the garden that needs doing!)

chippwalters ( ) posted Sun, 12 April 2009 at 1:23 PM
keelin ( ) posted Tue, 21 April 2009 at 1:52 PM

Thank you :)
loved the rock tut

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.