Tue, Oct 22, 12:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Need more GRIT

mudhouse ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2001 at 11:51 AM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:25 PM

file_188783.jpg

Hi, in this WIP I find that I want more grittiness in the wall texture. The wall is from photo of actual dirt and is high res with plenty grit visible. The rendering softens it all out. Do I maybe want more pixellation or 'noise'? How might this be done? Thanks, MUD

dolly ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2001 at 12:40 PM

try adding a fractal layer to the wall that might make it look like grit

smallspace ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2001 at 1:06 PM

Couple of choices. You could apply a bump filter to add general noise, or you could turn off antialiasing for that material. -SMT

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

Daffy34 ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2001 at 1:06 PM

This Vue 3 or 4? If it's 4, you can turn off antialiasing of just that material and it won't soften but the rest will. If you have Vue 4, try that. If you have Vue 3, dolly's idea is the best one I can think of ;). Laurie

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2001 at 7:08 PM

Oh man, y'all scared me for a minute there. I was thinking, "I can TURN OFF anti-aliasing for individual materials?--- ALL this time and I didn't know?!" OK, one more reason to look forward to Vue 4, which will be here for me no later than Thursday--- I hope! :) Mike PS That is a really nice looking landscape, MUD!

Daffy34 ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2001 at 8:54 PM

Yep Mike! Individual materials :) But, if I'm not mistaken, you have to tell it to ignore your material each time you open the scene and render it because it doesn't remember during a save. Laurie

mudhouse ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 8:12 AM

Thank you very much, everyone. I'll give it a try. MUD

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.