Wed, Oct 2, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: totally OT... what is it??

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2009 at 4:31 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 7:23 AM

file_429546.jpg

Any guesses?

Answer to follow.

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2009 at 4:38 PM

thats clearly a weather balloon ;-)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

sackrat ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2009 at 4:59 PM

F-117a ?

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2009 at 5:05 PM · edited Sun, 26 April 2009 at 5:06 PM

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2009 at 5:08 PM

Y just beat me Rayraz...was gonna sat the Stealth Bomber...izzat a photo Willie?

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2009 at 5:15 PM

If Willie photographed it the army aint gunna be happy :-D they like to think that thing is unspottable hahaha

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Ang25 ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2009 at 5:22 PM

I see a guy's profile, although he has a very pointy nose, two very pointy lips and a pointy chin.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2009 at 5:23 PM
Forum Moderator

No! That's a rare natural atmospheric phenonenumonthingy!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2009 at 8:12 PM

file_429553.jpg

Angie must be psychic. 

B-2 Stealth bomber.  It did a fly by this weekend at an air show.  It is huge! ... and quite.  Announcer said it had a radar foot print about the same as a humming bird.

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2009 at 8:13 PM

file_429554.jpg

I got this picture fortunately because my Nikon does not rely on radar.

erosiaart ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2009 at 8:24 PM

wow...  it looks so so flat?? and scary...
amazing pix

DAM3D ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2009 at 8:54 PM

Rayraz.. rofl... yes, it's just a weather baloon hehe.. and you never saw this thread...haha.. :)

My Rendo-Space 
Do you know where your towel is?! I love Vogon Poetry. :P
DON'T PANIC!

Portland Pirate Festival Arrrr!

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2009 at 9:43 PM · edited Sun, 26 April 2009 at 9:47 PM

file_429560.jpg

I got some really surprising shots at the show.  I'll be uploading higher resolution images to the R'osity photo gallery (or just skiwillgee gallery) over next few days if any of you are interested.  I come back to this thread when all are uploaded.  Just one image a day.

I've being doing a lot of photography lately with my daughter. 

P-51 Mustang at 300 mph and about 40 feet off the deck.

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 27 April 2009 at 4:26 AM

Quote - Rayraz.. rofl... yes, it's just a weather baloon hehe.. and you never saw this thread...haha.. :)

Hey everyone knows Alpha Centauri Prime is NASA's main weatherballoon supplier ;-) They just deliver superior quality!

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

orbital ( ) posted Mon, 27 April 2009 at 6:14 AM

Enemies might still be suspicious seeing a flight of hummingbirds flying at mach 3 in formation.

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/

bobbystahr ( ) posted Mon, 27 April 2009 at 8:31 AM

Quote - Enemies might still be suspicious seeing a flight of hummingbirds flying at mach 3 in formation.

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 27 April 2009 at 8:56 AM
Forum Moderator

We had a stealth fighter float through one of the valleys near here. You just couldn't hear it. Scariest thing I ever saw.

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

DAM3D ( ) posted Mon, 27 April 2009 at 9:22 AM

Ray! LOL!!  :lol:

My Rendo-Space 
Do you know where your towel is?! I love Vogon Poetry. :P
DON'T PANIC!

Portland Pirate Festival Arrrr!

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 27 April 2009 at 7:20 PM

Quote - Enemies might still be suspicious seeing a flight of hummingbirds flying at mach 3 in formation.

duuuude!! hahahaha

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 27 April 2009 at 7:21 PM

Quote - We had a stealth fighter float through one of the valleys near here. You just couldn't hear it. Scariest thing I ever saw.

wow.. is it that silent??? damn i wanna see one too now :-/

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Boofy ( ) posted Mon, 27 April 2009 at 9:20 PM

"We had a stealth fighter float through one of the valleys near here. You just couldn't hear it. Scariest thing I ever saw."

A stealth fighter on mars??? What HAVE u been up to brycie:scared:....or shouldnt we ask:tt2:

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 6:38 AM
Forum Moderator

Ray: This part of Wales - Boofy can stop reading here - is used by the RAF for training sorties. We get Tornado jets, Harrier jumpjets, Hawk trainers and Hercules (Herky-birds) transports flying over here usually at low level on Tuesdays and Thursdays. When we see them on other days, or hear them late at night, we know there is a mission coming up somewhere in the world. We've had F-111s (Ardvarks) too from the USAF as well as F-17s.

But a couple of years ago I was in the Dovey Valley - actually on the road that runs about 100 feet up the valley side - when  I saw this shape at eye-level approaching. As I watched, it slid past me about 1/3mile away. I couldn't figure out what it was. We do get UFOs here. Then I realised it was a stealth fighter. It cruised away up the valley and it was then I realised it hadn't made a sound!!!! Not even a whisper!!! All the other planes I mentioned are so loud you go deaf for minutes afterwards.

orbital ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 8:14 AM

Love stuff like this! My brother in law was in the RAF, working on the radars. He said that sometimes they were told to concentrate on a certain area and report any unusual activity. This was back before anybody had any ideas that the stealths existed. He says looking back at the timing of it, they were probably testing the stealths out.

orbital ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 8:26 AM

Actually Bryster you sure it weren't a UFO? A quick look on youtube shows they make about the same noise as any other aircraft.

UVDan ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 9:06 AM
Forum Moderator

I am more impressed (and jealous) by the P-51 photo than the B-2.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Quest ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 9:18 AM

I love planes so they both get my juices flowing. 👍

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 9:20 AM
Forum Moderator

Orbital: I'm sure, because I've seen a flying triangle ufo here too.

orbital ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 10:11 AM

Bryster, I'm coming to live at yours for a while. Not only do you see ufo's but you also have tornados occurring.
Best plane experience I had was last year. A lancaster bomber flanked by a spitfire and a hurricane flew at about 800 ft right over my house. They were doing a flyby for a local event. Also saw two P51 mustangs come over a while back.

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 11:17 AM
Forum Moderator

Orbital: Sounds like the Battle of Britain Memorial flight. Saw them at a local airshow just up the road. Llanidleos(ss) air show is a big deal over here.

£60 per night with breakfast thrown in.

orbital ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 11:20 AM

Nice one! Was round your way on easter Monday sort of. Me and the Missus went to Barmouth for the day. Took nearly 3 bloody hrs to get ther mind. Wish I lived closer to the coast.

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 11:43 AM

Quote - Ray: This part of Wales - Boofy can stop reading here - is used by the RAF for training sorties. We get Tornado jets, Harrier jumpjets, Hawk trainers and Hercules (Herky-birds) transports flying over here usually at low level on Tuesdays and Thursdays. When we see them on other days, or hear them late at night, we know there is a mission coming up somewhere in the world. We've had F-111s (Ardvarks) too from the USAF as well as F-17s.

But a couple of years ago I was in the Dovey Valley - actually on the road that runs about 100 feet up the valley side - when  I saw this shape at eye-level approaching. As I watched, it slid past me about 1/3mile away. I couldn't figure out what it was. We do get UFOs here. Then I realised it was a stealth fighter. It cruised away up the valley and it was then I realised it hadn't made a sound!!!! Not even a whisper!!! All the other planes I mentioned are so loud you go deaf for minutes afterwards.

wow.. not a whisper! damn thats impressive! i wonder how the hell they do that..

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

Boofy ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2009 at 12:23 AM

awwww Bryie! lemme read! I'll be GOOOOOOD!!!

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2009 at 5:23 AM
Forum Moderator

Ok Boofy. Just this once!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.