Thu, Sep 19, 4:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT, but,...........

sackrat ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 6:14 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:53 PM

OK, I have a musicians profile on MySpace and since you people are the only ones who's opinion I trust,........go have a listen. There's only one tune, an instrumental, tone poem sort of thing. If you want to hear it the URL is [http://www.myspace.com/drtom2

](http://www.myspace.com/drtom2)

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 6:36 PM

wow thats pretty good! very relaxing.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

50parsecs ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 7:50 PM

Dunno what happened, but every time I try to listen to the piece it quits at about 15 secs. Wish I could hear the whole thing.

skiwillgee ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 10:01 PM

That is awesome smooth Dr Tom (or is it Mr Rat) 

sackrat ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 10:04 PM

Yeah, I should have mentioned,............it takes a while to load. The file itself is around 8.2 Mb's. It generally works better if you pop the player out.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

johnyf ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 10:11 PM

Nice one Tom! I really like that. Ideal as well at this time of night - 4am.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 10:24 PM

Attached Link: evil breeze

Cool tune Dr Tom...and here's one back at ya mate...me out playin with the kids.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Quest ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 11:16 PM

Sackrat, sounds soothing and a nice ethereal metallic sound with traces of Santana intermingled. Very nice!

Gotta love those blues Bobby!
Thanks guys!

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2009 at 8:58 AM

A couple of inches of JD in the glass, a rocking chair, a porch, and your fine music playing. That would be a little piece of heaven.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2009 at 9:30 AM

Many thanx Quest...still working on getting it all recorded but that's quite the expense, and as a lot of you know I didn't even have the dough to upgrade my Bryce till a forum member generously[and anonomously] gifted it to me....Still hoping for one of 3 studios I know to do a spec  recording for me.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

sackrat ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2009 at 1:02 PM

Geez Bobby,..............sounds great ! I like West Coast Wymmin also. Inspecting the underbelly of Vancouver, excuse me ???  Is that a PRS guitar you're playing ? It's nice to see someone using the Chapman Stick too ! Those things are too cool !

AnnieD ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2009 at 1:33 PM

Thanks for sharing...I totally enjoyed it!

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

50parsecs ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2009 at 2:23 PM

Tried your song again Sackrat, and this time I got it to play. I really enjoyed it! Great stuff. 

I listened to a couple of your songs too Bobby. I enjoy the blues, and I liked your tunes. I can
relate to them on a number of levels. I used to play Chapman stick, but I cut back to just a couple of guitars and my 5-string bass,  I also have memories of B.C., both sublime and sordid, LOL.  Too bad I live much closer to Vancouver than Winnipeg or I'd offer to record you in my project studio.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2009 at 5:02 PM

Thanks a bunch for listening folks...Dr. Tom...the Van stuff was when I shared a house with a coke dealer and got to sit around writng songs about the low life coming thru the rooms. Otherwise I sat in my bedroom..LOL..and no T V. The guitar is a Daeon, made for a Texas company for a short while in the late'70's early '80's..fairly rare...my acoustic is a 1959 Martin 0017[all mahogany]. The stick player was my tabla player till he got whacked by a car and had his knees broken...no more cross legged sitting for him. His main/original instrument is keyboards so the Stick is a major improvement both in portability and string bending which a piano don't reall do, heh heh heh.
50parcecs...I tried to not be a blues writer but it either come out blues or country lately, LOL, re: relating...maybe it's a canadian thing I've tapped into, heh heh heh, as you saw above I limit myself to as many guitars as I have hands....kind offer...where are you? I sometimes go walkabout Alberta way.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

DAM3D ( ) posted Thu, 30 April 2009 at 10:01 AM

very cool Sack! I like the sound!

My Rendo-Space 
Do you know where your towel is?! I love Vogon Poetry. :P
DON'T PANIC!

Portland Pirate Festival Arrrr!

airflamesred ( ) posted Fri, 01 May 2009 at 4:02 PM

Sackrat - loved it Crimsonesq
Bobbystahr - also nice, blues with a twist lovin the stick.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 03 May 2009 at 6:23 AM · edited Sun, 03 May 2009 at 6:28 AM

Great tunes Guys!!! very nice.  The First Link Reminds of the game over ending tune for "Shadow of the Beast" for the  Amiga.

Hmmm there was a part in Bobbys track, that I thought..  hmmm he can play some tunes from "The Shadows" (British Band) with Hank Marvin.

Here is something I did in 2004.

http://www.myspace.com/AnalogX64

dyret ( ) posted Sun, 03 May 2009 at 8:42 AM

wow. i like this 😄 what equipment? a les paul it seems. very ambient. not blues, not jazz. textures i would say.

sackrat ( ) posted Sun, 03 May 2009 at 12:09 PM

Thanks guys ! There will be another tune up tomorrow. @dyret, It was recorded using a Michael Kelly Patriot Vintage Guitar, recorded using Cakewalk Sonar 7 PE, on a dual 3.4Ghz dual core Xeon machine. I used an ART MP1, and a Zoom 505 for pre-mix realtime direct to disc effects and Perfectspace and Cakewalk EQ for mix down.  @ Analog-X64, outstanding ! Software synths or actual hardware ?**

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 03 May 2009 at 12:26 PM

Looking forward to the next tune.

To answer your question.  Both.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Tue, 05 May 2009 at 6:47 AM

Very Summery... I see a large house with the french windows opened onto an old patio, green grass that drops away down a gentle slope into a landscape of hills and woods - light cotton summer dresses, a soft breeze, gentle warm sun, a tall glass on an old wooden table made from a giant tree trunk.

There is a hammock, one leg hangs down and the glass is just within reach, it has ice in it, and something pale and greeny yellow - yet clear and clean. 

An old well thumbed book lies open on the table, a large branch hangs over the hammock just enough to shade the eyes - which are closed.

The source is just out of sight, but in hearing is the sound of water gently rippling and trickling.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

dyret ( ) posted Tue, 05 May 2009 at 7:34 AM

i had my hands on one of those guitars once. the owner did not like me when i started playing "smoke on the water" on it. lol

50parsecs ( ) posted Tue, 05 May 2009 at 2:07 PM

Hey Sackrat, you should record an album's worth of music and send it to Fran for inspiration.  Sounds like she has the start of a romantic novel going there! ;-)

@Bobby- I live "South-of-the-border" in Washington State, next to the Columbia River actually, though I have a lot of Canadian friends. If you get down this way while on "walkabout" you are always welcome, and the offer stands.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Tue, 05 May 2009 at 4:47 PM

50parsecs,

Lol! It's probably the beginning of a Murder Mystery...

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.