Sat, Oct 5, 8:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Cornucopia models suddenly won't load

xoconostle ( ) posted Sat, 02 May 2009 at 6:15 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 6:17 AM

I'm using Vue 6 Pro Studio on Mac OS 10.5.8.

I purchased Realms Art's Medieval Monastery Cloister earlier today, and was disappointed to receive an error message when trying to load the .vob file. The message indicated that the file cannot be read by Vue.

I then tried an older purchase with which I'd never had a problem, a colonial church model, which also yielded the same error message.

Other non-model content purchased from Cornucopia such as ecosystems and textures load with no problem.

Before I realized this, I re-installed Vue only to receive the same error messages for the models.

Has anyone experienced this before or does anyone have any insight as to why this would happen? I'm wondering if somehow my license to use these products is suddenly not being recognized, and have no idea how to fix that.

I've written to Cornucopia support but am also asking about this here, as helpful answers tend to be forthcoming quickly in the community.

Mazak ( ) posted Sun, 03 May 2009 at 3:27 AM

file_430026.jpg

Before you download an item hit the edit button and select the correct Vue Version. This error hit me the first time after I downloaded the free Vue Pioneer. Everything was setup for Pioneer and not to my main Infinite application. Another idea is; did you have reinstalled your Vue last time and now you have a new INST number? You must registering/activate the version new at e-on.

Mazak 😄

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 03 May 2009 at 4:05 AM

Or you are not using the latest update, maybe?

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 03 May 2009 at 1:43 PM

Mazak and bruno021, thank you very much for your help! As it turns out the problem is not with Vue or Cornucopia, but ye olde user error. I did indeed forget to install the most recent update after re-installing Vue recently. Boy, do I feel dumb! 

Your help and reminders are very much appreciated. 

xoco slaps own forehead

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 04 May 2009 at 4:02 AM

it happens to all of us one day or another!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.