Fri, Sep 20, 8:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Reinstalling Poser 7

Impressions ( ) posted Sat, 09 May 2009 at 1:45 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:01 AM

I had a problem with a conflict and ended up uninstalling both Daz Studio and Poser 7.  I plan to eliminate Daz Studio but now can not get Poser 7 to work.  It seemed to install correctly but when I try to open program I get.  POSER EXECUTABLE FILE HAS STOPPED WORKING.  It states that Microsoft is checking for a solution for the problem.  After a few seconds it just closes the program and there seems to be no answer as to how to fix the problem.

Has any one else come across this type of problem and have a solution as to how to fix it short of reinstalling the whole mess.

Thank you for your time. If you have a solution I will be ever so greatful.......

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sat, 09 May 2009 at 2:03 PM

Did you delete your Poser settings and preference files before restarting it? These are stored in your user profile, and are not deleted when you uninstall Poser. Poser will create new, default files when you restart it after deleting them.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

Impressions ( ) posted Sat, 09 May 2009 at 2:25 PM

Thank You, I will try that immediately.  Hope it works!!  keep my fingers crossed......................

Impressions ( ) posted Sat, 09 May 2009 at 2:30 PM

Ok, here is where I show my total lack of knowledge.  I can not find a file marked user profile.  Is it in the Poser program? or somewhere else?

MadameX ( ) posted Sat, 09 May 2009 at 2:45 PM

If you are on Vista, go to ComputerProgramFiles. The user file should be there, I think; I have two partitions and the user file is in the Program File folder. I  had this same issue and had to uninstall/reinstall after deleting EVERY Poser 7 folder there was on my machine...turns out there were 3! If deleting the pref files don't work (as it didn't for me), uninstall/reinstall may be the only way to get it working again.

Might be a good idea to delete registry files too, but ya need to be careful with that.

Impressions ( ) posted Sat, 09 May 2009 at 2:48 PM

Yes, I am on Vista,  Thank You Over and Over again.  Here Goes....

MadameX ( ) posted Sat, 09 May 2009 at 2:53 PM

Good luck! Took me a week with SM support to get my P7 back...between work and sleep and all. Here's hoping you don't have to do a complete ditch of Poser then reinstall everything.

MadameX ( ) posted Sat, 09 May 2009 at 2:54 PM

Good luck! Took me a week with SM support to get my P7 back...between work and sleep and all. Here's hoping you don't have to do a complete ditch of Poser then reinstall everything.

Opps....sorry....the user file isn't in the Program Folder....it's in the one above it...sorry! :embarrassed:

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sat, 09 May 2009 at 5:50 PM

In Vista, the files are in the folder:

{root}Users{username}AppDataRoamingPoser 7

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.