Thu, Oct 24, 7:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: My Exhibit Begins on Monday. whew....

TomDart ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2009 at 7:46 PM · edited Thu, 24 October 2024 at 5:27 AM

Yes, this is not a gallery but a cafe with gallery and yes, I am quite tired at the moment having just returned from hanging some 40 prints.  Thanks to the fine help of my wife and a coworker who is a doll to help..actual hanging the prints did not take as long as expected.  Why am I worn totally out?  This is a first and it is energy burnt from stress and excitement and plain old nerves.  So,,,I say Whew.....done.

All left to do now is replace a few labels since mine don't want to stick well to the carpeted wall.

To relax, get a good sleep this evening and be happy about it all...I was really surprised when all was up and saw it was a good thing.

Yes, expenses did go much higher than expected but now I know about such stuff.

Any kind wish will be appreciated.       You folks are great and without much of what this site has done to improve my photography there would not have been an exhibit.   If I get a chance to shoot an image or two of the exhibit I will post those.  The  showing will be for 4 weeks approx.

Good night, sweet dreams.       Tom.

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2009 at 10:05 PM

Best of luck with this Tom..

I have a feeling that all of your hard work will pay off for you.

hey, it would be nice to see a few shots of the gallery (HINT HINT)

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

Firesnuffer ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2009 at 11:01 PM

Tom!!! Congrats and Best wishes to you!!!

Manning

kgb224 ( ) posted Mon, 11 May 2009 at 1:09 AM

Congratulations Tom.I wish you all the best.If you work hard you will succeed.

whaleman ( ) posted Mon, 11 May 2009 at 1:39 AM

Good luck to you Tom! I think it'll be a success!

Wayne

babuci ( ) posted Mon, 11 May 2009 at 1:51 AM

Well Tom, all I can wish is a good  kind. I am sure the first time experience is overwhelming, seeing your selected prints hanging on the wall.  Congrat, and if you can manage to get a shot or two from your show would be nice.

seeya  Tunde

( May I ask what is a theme or just a random good ones?)

helanker ( ) posted Mon, 11 May 2009 at 1:53 AM

Congratulations Tom and all my best wishes for your exhibition. It is so exiting to have such one. I had one last year on a restaurant on my paintings and drawings.

But didnt you forget something???  As we dont live in the neigbourhood, we cant see the exhibition can we?   I would so love to se some shots from it, if possible  :-)
I recommend to take shots from it, also for yourself to have. It is such fun to see these pictures later on.

bentchick ( ) posted Mon, 11 May 2009 at 9:11 AM

Whoo Hoo!!!!  Way to go, Tom!!! I'm so happy for you to be "up and running" so to speak!!! Fantastic!
And I have to go along with the others here.... as much as I really would like to see the exhibit myself, I live a little far, so let's see some shots or your debut here, okay?

Congratulations and I know you'll do well!!! Hugs!!!

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

magichild2 ( ) posted Mon, 11 May 2009 at 9:31 AM

Best of luck ...you will do fine

camera ( ) posted Mon, 11 May 2009 at 9:51 AM

Congratulations Tom! May you enjoy the next four weeks after your tiring effort.

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 12 May 2009 at 7:26 AM

The cafe gallery said they would get publicity together for the local newspaper.  I am not sure when that will happen but likely I will be contacted by the paper.

In the meantime, I will try to get a few shots showing what is going on.  Thanks so very much for the support shown here.  That does mean a lot.            Tom.

tuneup ( ) posted Tue, 19 May 2009 at 10:42 PM

Thats cool Tom .Glad to see this

Larry

Tuneup

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.