Fri, Sep 20, 7:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: How to change default directories?

Obi Van ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 1:47 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:48 AM

Hi all friendly people! I can not find any ini-file or registry setting (yet) that can be changed in order for VUE to "suggest" different directories when opening or saving files...very annoying to have to browse throung lots of directories each time I want to "save as"...I ususally save copies with different name each and every minute so that I can allways get back to a certain state... Stay Cool

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 3:55 PM

Well, ya got me! I saw this when you first posted it, but I can't find anything either. Wish I could help.

tradivoro ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 4:47 PM

Yeah, this is definitely a bug in the earlier versions and you gotta have the option to have free wheeling directories... Something like a "preferences" where yo ucan select alternatives... it can't keep coming back to their default directory every time you open the search open thing in whatever aspect of the program...

Obi Van ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 5:57 PM

Hi Thanks for the replies. I just e-mailed the support at E-Onsoftware. Perhaps there is a setting I did not find, or maybe it is possible to enter a new key in the Windows Registry? As soon as I get a (positive) reply I will let you know. Enjoy the Sunshine in Life / Ole

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 6:07 PM

Obi Van, I looked ALL through the Windows registry, and all I was able to find was the recent files list, which can of course, be edited, but aside from that, nothing that appears to be usable for changing the open, save, etc., directories. And it's not an option within the program either, or so it appears. But, if you hear otherwise, by all means, please let us know. :)

gilbertdid ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2001 at 6:40 PM

Hi, I don't know how to change the default, but there is a Windows workaround I use a lot: I put shortcuts to my drive/directories almost everywhere. For example, in the Scenes directory I have shortcuts to the path where my data is, so you get there with only one click.

tradivoro ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2001 at 1:15 AM

Well Gilbert, perhaps you can illuminate a Windows Dummy on how to do that... :)

Obi Van ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2001 at 4:59 AM

Oboy, We have a genius in here...thanks a lot Gilbertdid! Tradivoro: 1.) Open up the Scenes-library under Vue in the Windows explorer 2.) Right-click the mouse (in the right window) 3.) Pick "New" and then "shortcut" on the popup-window 4.) Browse to whatever folder you would like to save all your Vue-scenes, name the shortcut and click OK. 5.) Open up a new scene in Vue. Use the Save As command. Click on the shortcut that appears in the standard scenes folder - click on it - and whoops you are in the right place. Enjoy the Sunshine in Life / Ole

tradivoro ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2001 at 4:10 PM

Well, thank you very much, this will save headaches with Vue, which I'm getting today...

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2001 at 4:22 PM

hmmm...shortcuts in the directories. Y'know I would never have thought to do that. All I can say is... KEWL!!!! Thanks alot! :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.